2015 Montesa's

jj65

Repsol has new 2014 factory colour scheme, new Braktec monobloc front calliper, new light weight gear lever, black triple clamps and new front mudguard design.

Standard model has new decal design and new red mudguard, modified front and rear adjustable suspension, light weight gear lever, black triple clamps and a optional long ride kit.

Pics on Spanish Honda site.

So this is the revolutionary change for 2015 ????

Glad that I didn't cancel my '14 RR and wait for the "new" model.

Reckon the whole trials world has gone mad when a new mudguard and sticker is announced as "Improvements" !!!!

very happy with the motor on the newly arrived '14 RR quite different from my 06 motor even with ZOG 3 programme installed (softer at bottom end)

However the suspension is so tight at present, mainly at the rear, the ride is worse than the 06, hope it will break in before it breaks me !!

Agree with shedracer... that was my experience with the Showa suspension on my 2014. I'd reduced damping 4-5 clicks on both ends after my first practice / dial-in session. After several practice sessions I found the suspension getting too bouncy and had to turn damping back up. Feels great now. Just give it some practice time and maybe reduce damping until things loosen up.

Agree with shedracer... that was my experience with the Showa suspension on my 2014. I'd reduced damping 4-5 clicks on both ends after my first practice / dial-in session. After several practice sessions I found the suspension getting too bouncy and had to turn damping back up. Feels great now. Just give it some practice time and maybe reduce damping until things loosen up.

The new bike was only set 2 clicks out, after first day out I unwound the damping fully, it is better but the set up is so tight it doesnt seem to make much difference at this stage even when fully out. I may drop the shock off and check that the swing arm is not binding. I am at the bottom end of the rider weight average , with the 06, I eventually got fed up with the rear kicking hard over logs etc and fitted a TRP with a lighter rate spring and that has worked well. This time will stick with the Showa a bit longer and see if it will free up. Hopping at the moment hard pushed to get the rear end off the ground at all.

thanks for the encouragement !!!

It has been suggested on this forum that Honda have a new bike ready to release. If this is really true why are they only offering a sticker upgrade for 2015?

Because the decision to produce the 260 model may have required a minimum of 2 years of production. Or the new NEW bike may not actually be ready yet. Who knows, were all just guessing and wishfully hoping the new one comes soon. We now know what we have for 2015 and we may well be talking about the same thing next year.

It has been suggested on this forum that Honda have a new bike ready to release. If this is really true why are they only offering a sticker upgrade for 2015?

I was hoping for a complete new bike too, but I'm starting to think those rumors were the result of a bad translation of a Spanish ad.