Sm Pro Trials Shocks

johnmartin247

John - depends how good you want it to be for competition.

For me

1 - rock shocks

2 - falcon

3 - sm & njb's

They'll all do a job and you can get them set up to your weight and style of riding.

The rest comes down to price!

The guys at rock socks and falcon are very helpful. Just give them a call and see what you think.

Cheers

The Wobbler

• Like 1

O.k, the reason i ask about the sm pro's is a guy that i know uses them and he is a top notch trials rider, was looking for other folks opinions out of interest in whether the had good or bad experiences with them.

To be honest cost is not a issue and i usually go by you get what you pay for rule of thumb.

Cheers

John.

John,

The only problem for me is good riders could ride a camel and make it look easy - I need all the help I can get - especially on a 247 !!!!

It would be nice if all these companies had a demo set that they would let you try for say £25 (refundable on purchase) then we could all try them !!!

I for one would only know when they are on the bike and buying 3/4 pairs to find the best just isn't reasonable.

Where are you- I'm about to start an engine rebuild on mine through the winter - you could maybe try my rock shocks !!

Cheers

the Wobbler

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer, i am 120 miles north of Cumbria. I know what you mean about good riders making any thing look easy, the lad that i know rides a honda TLR 200, he is a big lad probably around 16/17 stone and he likes the sm pro's, again i understand what you are saying about the 247 it might well be that the rock shocks are the best available for the 247.

What did you have on the bike before you bought the rock shocks? Was the difference very noticeable when you fitted the rock shocks?

cheers

John.

Some njb trikshox - they were ok but I think the falcons are better - I have rock shocks on my Fantic and prefer those.

So next change I'll try some on the mont.

Good luck it's a minefield !!!

Chees

The Wobbler

Edited by wobbler