How Do.

an_d

Afternoon folks,

Came across TC while searching for trials clubs in Lancashire.

I've got an 11 year old son who races a small wheel 85 motocross bike who I can't keep up with and at 43 years old, I don't bounce very well any more so we decided that it would be fun to ride trials together.

Just bought the boy a Beta 125 Evo last week and already we have to take it away with us when we go racing, just on the off chance that there are some giant cable bobbins in the middle of the paddock (Exhibit A) and our tiny back garden is now a turn track (Exhibit B ). Looking to get myself a Beta 250 in the next couple of weeks when the right bike comes along.

I've been told by people who know trials and know my riding style that I would be better with a 4RT because " I'm a lazy bugger " but I figure that if I'm only using 2nd and 3rd I should be OK.

Obviously interested in events and places to ride around Lancashire (I've approached Darwin and Lancs clubs and have been to Cowm a couple of times for 4x4 days) :)

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Edited by an_d
  • Like 1

Regarding bike choice for you. The best thing would be if you can attend some events and get some rides on multiple bikes before you choose.

I love my '05 4RT but I am glad that I started out with a 2 stoke. Reason: the 4RT has massive compression braking and I had to learn to be absolutely precise on the throttle position. The 2 stroke GasGas was a lot more forgiving and let the rear tire coast over things when I closed the throttle rather than act like a brake.

You will find that most trials sections are ridden in 1st or 2nd gear. 3rd is for big stuff.