Cota 123 Oops

allyboy

Hi

Thanks to everyone that has answered my questions, I have deleted the whole thread somehow.

I had replied to the two answers to my dragging slipping clutch querie and also mentioned that i had got an old review on this bike from 1974 and posted the reply, it got moderated and told me to delete, I followed the instruction and here I am now on a new thread. I have now also had to change the text again on this post due to moderation?

Thanks for the good advice.

Cheers

I actually didnt post anything, merely typed the word trials followed immediately by the word magasine ( correctly spelled) its a very effective Moderating tool I would say.

I am of course happy to abide by these rules now I know they exist actually just sad to have lost the thread as there was a lot of good advice and info I had not saved. I probably chose the wrong option and deleted it myself.

Hi

Today has been a bit of a mess really the sweep arrived but the fireplace didnt, my van is at the garage, so didnt have the right tools at home to remove a back boiler etc I did however get the cota to start and warmed her up, drained the oil that was pretty yucky but not too bad, I think the yuck is from the gearbox after the bike being bumped around so much at the weekend, better out than in as they say. I have filled with the 900ml of ATF, non synthetic. it is quite a bit thinner than what came out. I worked the clutch quite a bit but havent been able to ride it due to the pesky thing not bloomin starting!! I didnt have time to muck about with it so it will have to wait.

I am off to Scone tomorrow afternoon to meet up with my classic car show guys although its all classic bikes now, Beamish, Bantams, and Montesa.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

I got an alloy rim in good straight condition on ebay this afternoon, its a 21" so easy to get a good tyre. I have a local bike guy that can lace it up to the original hub for me.

I see you have an old 247! I have one as well although I have a seized gearbox at the moment. It happened last weekend, i had dipped the oil and it looked pretty full but I dont think there was enough, after three hours it just bound up on me. I drained the remaining oil out and there wer no fragments to be seen soI am hoping I can free it off gently and work some oil through it and might get away with it.Thats the plan anyway!!

I might need a contact for the rear tyre at some point if they are not available over here.

Cheers Ally

Trialing in the sun I hope!!

Yes I am a bit jealous.

I have now got an 18" rear for the 123 another ebay find . it needs a couple of spokes but it will save me on unusual tire sizes. also it keeps the front and back balanced.

Enjoy the break

Ally.