Vauxhall Midi

stuessenhigh

Hi all,

Am looking (or a friend is) to find a van in UK for my eminent return..and baptism to UK trials....(look out...I'll be the one crashing alot)

ANYWAY...he's sourced a Vauxhall Midi....1998 diesel, at what seems to be a fair deal..so I just wondered if anyone has any experience of these, good or bad, please let me know.

both trials related use and any other advice/comments are greatly appreciated. :D

Hi all,

Am looking (or a friend is) to find a van in UK for my eminent return..and baptism to UK trials....(look out...I'll be the one crashing alot)

ANYWAY...he's sourced a Vauxhall Midi....1998 diesel, at what seems to be a fair deal..so I just wondered if anyone has any experience of these, good or bad, please let me know.

both trials related use and any other advice/comments are greatly appreciated. :D

couple of friends of mine have had midi vans .both of them had lots of problems ,exhausts falling off engine problems etc ,hope we are talking about the same van here stu.its the one where you sit right over the engine with column change? if so i,d leave it alone .get a transit they run forever dead easy to fix and always parts available .hope this helps

Edited by bri8617

I think they're pretty similar to the Isuzu below. It's not this one is it?

They always seem to be full of rust, but maybe that's just my perception.

You can get some cracking deals at auction for cheap vans, if you know what you're looking at, or you know someone you can borrow to take along.

post-218-1124310132.jpg

Edited by bikespace

Avoid a midi like you would the sars virus.

Lots of options depends on your budget, and usage requirements. If things don't work out as planned I may have a good vw for you in the Autumn. If like me you are going to be travelling away from here to the better trials areas in the uk it may be you need a more comfortable ( better performance ) van.

Thats a long way to go, just to avoid talking to me!!!!!! :blink:

It was Andy Martin that suggested I do the trial on 30th..(I think!)..cant remember now....but if what you say is true, unfortunately I cant....AAAARRRGGGHHH....can I fake my age???...and no I dont have a twinshock...but I'll be desperate to do a trial...so I hope you're joking...I know nothing about UK trials really. (can I ride for no score if I'm only 33??)

ANyway...HOPEFULLY be in Rushden from about mid October, (will let you know nearer the time) and would be happy to help you mark out, unless I suddenly get a job, which is doubtfull that soon.

I dont suppose this really has much to do with a Vauxhall Midi does it!!!!! :wall::D woops...hope I dont get told off for hijacking my own topic!