That's Odd? Could My 1980 Tl320 Originally Been Blue?

iconic558

Strange, just been getting her ready to drop off to be blasted and powdered coated and was checking the frame number details and found blue under the black, odd?

post-16909-0-69608300-1416147220_thumb.jpg

The blue paint is 'in' the frame numbers suggesting it has may of been blue from new, yes, she could of been blasted & repainted back years ago but I know from doing this myself with very fine beads it can be a very difficult to get the old paint 'out' of the numbers.

This attracted my interest and further inspection shows some more of this blue in some of the deeper frame treads where bolts don't seat right in and take the paint 'out'.

Also the front mudguard stay that is now black was blue with blue paint 'in the bolt holes...

The swinging arm doesn't show any blue at all.

I thought blue frames were came out in 1982 with the frames that had the rear mudguard hoops removed?

The blue is quite a bright blue - brighter than the Pernod blue - but with the matt finish taken off it becomes slightly darker.

Not a problem either way but I thought I'd share that with you guys and wondered if anyone else had come across this?

Edited by iconic558