Hello From A Newbie

tahoebrian5

Hello Trials Central. I'm just getting started in trials. Im in fact so new that I don't even have a bike yet :). I woke up about a week ago and was suddenly obsessed with the thought of getting into the sport. I've been riding dirt for 35 years and am currently riding a ktm xcw300. I've got a couple offers out on trials bikes. A 2004 txt pro 125, and a 2012 beta 280 Evo, waiting very impatiently to see what happens. I'm sure I'll have a ton of dumb questions. I've watched all of Ryan Youngs instructional videos and a few others and am looking forward to being humbled.

Welcome indeed.

If you are looking to ask a load of dumb questions you better get a move on if you want to beat me. :)

Seriously though I hope you enjoy your stay...you do realise that once you get a bike and start playing there will be little chance of turning back.

This site is full of information and tips and the people who frequent here are very helpful regardless of how silly you might think the question is.

Keep us updated about the bike situation.

Chris.

Thanks for the welcome, not much chance of turning back. Now that I'm learning about this I don't understand what took me so long. I've always enjoy d technical trails the most so this seems like a natural next step. Another deciding factor is the terrain I have available out of my garage. It is legal to ride but is REALLY rocky.. So much that sometimes I hesitate to ride local. Then I thought to myself that terrain is perfect for a trials bike so here I am. I'm definitely having some trouble finding the right bike nearby. Not a lot of options sub $3000. I'll just have to have some patience.