All Change?

nigel dabster

When Dougie resigned with HRC in 2003 it was not announced until after the TDN.

If he was to leave HRC they may have an condition that nothing is released until a certain date.

I guess it's fun to sit here and shoot the breeze on who's up who and who's paying the rent.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I love these speculative discussions.

Watching Freixa ride is great fun. Can hardly wait to see him on the Scorpa! Will be interesting to see what happens with the other Scorpa riders like Nozaki and Shibuya...will we see Scorpas as a whole move up in the standings?

For Beta, I'd like to think Bou would stay with them. He sure looks comfortable on the bike. That British youngster who won the Juniors looks like he'd be a good pairing with him. Kuroyama still posts great results...will he contest the outdoors in '06 or stay in Japan? Looks like he pretty much dominates the Japanese Nationals.

I don't know who would replace Freixa at Montesa. Have a hard time believing Raga would jump from Gas Gas. Fajardo looks like he's well loved there, too. So who would it be? Perhaps two is enough? It looks like they only cull from the top 5 if they do need a third rider.

Whatever happens, I think 2006 promises to be another exciting year.

Mike

I too would love to see Dougie back on a Beta and while I agree that he's got at least a couple of years left at the top there's no doubt that he's on the home straight career-wise and an 8th (9th, 10th?!?) title(s) with Beta would be the perfect bookend.

Having said that, Beta aren't exactly short of up and coming talent at the moment: Bou (obviously), Dabill (definitely) and Brown (almost certainly given time) are all there, not forgetting Micheal Philipson and a couple of others, although maybe a mentor for these guys might be a good move...

Edited by neonsurge

The bike was good enough for Doug to be leading the championship half way through the season, and from what I saw it was a crash that took him out of contention.

It will be DL's choice I suppose on what bike DL will be riding next year, 2 stroke/ 4 stroke, do you think DL will know what is best for DL ?

If he thought he could win the 06 world championship but only on a two stroke, don't you think that is what he will be on next year.

But if he sticks with the fourstroke,does not the same reasoning apply! he thinks he has the best chance of the 8th world championship on that.

The best trials champion ever!! will soon make a decision on what he will be riding next year, forget about brand, but 2 or 4 stroke machinery in world championship competition, I have seen many posts by people who thought the bike was holding him back, lead weight, slow, under powered, won't his decision answer that question, :(

Edited by ishy

If Doug changes its another year on another bike. Can't see it, he's too much part of the HRC set up. Along with Fujigas and Amos. Freixa I'm not sure about. I personally would like to see Bou on Montesa.

Edited by Cota Kid

Well, said it before, say it again. I would have to believe that Doug could get enough private sponsors because of who he is that he could have his own team and ride whatever bike HE believe's he can win on! Of course the sentimental favorite would be a John-Boy Beta! Would be nice to see win that 8th title with the whole family connection! Show everyone once and for all he is the best that ever was! In the end, I just hope he makes the decision that will give him the best chance to win again!

Cheers, Steve

Very interesting :( ,,,shame William Hill aint offering odds on this one!!!!!!! :) ..I just wanna see Dougie win again..and hopefully again...and then hopefully AGAIN...reckon he can as well.

I guess those dollar signs are pretty strong though, whoever you may be..specially in a career where you aint still gonna be going to the office every day when your 60 :huh::wall:;) ........so it may not be only choice of bike that sways any decisions?? :wall:

It will be DL's choice I suppose on what bike DL will be riding next year, 2 stroke/ 4 stroke, do you think DL will know what is best for DL ?

Dougs choice may not be his if he isn't offered the Montesa?

Lets not forget he has been around the block and just like the premiership footballers do a year or so in japan or USA in the twilight years Doug should not be criticised if he chooses

Edited by Nigel Dabster

my tuppenceworth:

Raga - won't leave Gas Gas or Jordi, but this IS his only outdoor title

Fuji - Honda they have to have a japanese rider

Cabey - Sherco, it's getting him good results

Frexia - Scorpa, on the 4 stroke

Grimbo - Sherco, 4 stroke development (depends on FIM i suppose)

Bou and Farjado will stay where they are

Doug will shock the trials world coming out on the fabled 4 stroke Aprilia secretly built and tested in a small family engineering works in deepest Yorkshire. He will take a clean sweep of all rounds and finally be recognised (as we all already know) as the greatest trials rider in the history of the sport. :(

Seriously

New Super team of Dougie, Tony Bou and James Dabill on the Beta. The "Old Bloke" takes title #8 before handing it all onto the next great British trials hope, James Dabill........you never know :)

Edited by Slapshot 3