New Style Dunlop Trials Tyres

breagh

Even a mean Scot has to spend money now and again.

Couldn't resist a new pair of Dunlops at a bargain price .

I don't want to get carried away and fit them before the canvass shows through on the Michelins.

However I was wondering if any ones tried them yet.

On first inspection the tread is much more pliable and seems to be made of a softer rubber!

Be interesting ,thought the old Dunlops felt like your pressures were high and the slow speed damping heavy.

Being nice they made a new bike feel 10 years old.

Anyway tell me they're no bad or at least grip as well as a 2 year old Michelin.

Well Allan they've surely got to be better than the previous version. I always prefer Michelin but (I'll not bore you with how I came to have a Dunlop on) at your last trial I dropped 48 on the first lap due to lack of grip. Fortunately I'd taken the spare wheel with the Michelin - swapping reduced my score to 5. 'nuff said.

That's not a trials tyre, the thread pattern does not meet the regulations

Your'e right the tread size isn't right for most trials competitions, It depends where he's using it and what he's using it for.

It would probably beat the older Dunlop however.

It will be interesting to see how the new Dunlops perform.

Edited by steve_earle

I swapped the standard Dunlop rear on the 4rt after much perseverance for an X Light which is far better for grip. I still the have the front Dunlop on which is a hateful tyre and I only remember I should have swapped it by now when it starts pushing in turns one minute into every time I go out on the bike.

That's not a trials tyre, the thread pattern does not meet the regulations

No, I don't have this tire, but I'm thinking of running this on my Husky. I made the mistake of buying a MT43. Pirelli ought to be ashamed.

I would have been better served with the 803 Dunlop.

On the Beta, Michelin all the way.

Edited by slicktop
  • Like 1