Scorpa 125

pickard_sherco125

"AS good" is a difficult one to answer. The build quality is as good, the relianility is as good but as for riding, it is a very different type of machine.

For a clubman rider in an easy event, there probably wouldn't be any difference in the scores between the 2 stroke and the 4 stroke.

At a higher level of competition, the 2 stroke would probably win by quite a margin.

Horses for courses.

Hope this helps.

Mark won the Wainwright on a 125 (not a 143)which was loaned to him by Birketts - he was very impressed with the bike judging by the post he left on this site. Dale Robson also managed a 6th place in a recent B Class National on a 125 - beaten on the day by 5 better riders rather than 5 better bikes! Up to a point the Scorpa is as good as anything else - and that point is way above most peoples riding ability or section severity.

Mark won the Wainwright on a 125 (not a 143)which was loaned to him by Birketts - he was very impressed with the bike judging by the post he left on this site. Dale Robson also managed a 6th place in a recent B Class National on a 125 - beaten on the day by 5 better riders rather than 5 better bikes! Up to a point the Scorpa is as good as anything else - and that point is way above most peoples riding ability or section severity.

The Scorpa 125 is the worst performing new 125 on sale, as far as power is concearned, as one thing. Then there are other issues.

Mark Barrow or me for that matter is not going to slag a bike off if you are given/loaned it and a friend of Birkett who is trying to sell them. Lets take a reality check here.

Cheers Vinnie, thanks for the info.

I'm going to change to a 10 front (after 2 yrs!!)

I agree with your comment on the 'worst performing 125'.

I used to be the worst performing rider, irrespective of what I rode - my results improved dramatically moving to a TY125 2 yrs ago. Now, I wouldn't change at all.

If people took the time to give the 125 a real try (and I appreciate it does take some time to get 'used' to it), then they would be suprised.

All new trials bikes are 'good' (if not excellent), and surely performance is measured in an individual's results, not opinions.

If performance is indeed measured in results, mine 'performs' better than the (excellent) bikes I've had previous (GG Pro, Beta etc.............)

As ever, only my comments.....!!!

cheers

John.

John, Dale runs standard 10/57 gearing on his bike and tries (as much as possible) to ride everything in 1st gear, there are of course exceptions to this. Personally I find 1st a little tall on the standard gearing although I am getting used to it rather than run the two bikes on different gearing.

To Nigel Dabsters comment that Mark wouldn't say anything bad about the bike - well why the hell would he? He'd just won a clubman national on it - he must have enjoyed riding it. The bike has sufficient power to do what most people are capable of and what other issues are there? All the rest of the kit is the same top quality gear you get on the 250, and they have to be the easiest and cheapest to maintain bike on the market. I'll bet in 10 years time you'll still see early models at trials and as competetive as Pros are, none will last 10 years, or 5 years for that matter. How bad where the early Pros? What about this years Rev3s? Still everyone to their own, its just a shame folk are so quick to slag off such a bike.

Hey Guys

Was out trying the TY-S 175 (143cc) over logs and some pretty big hills today. I really think the bore kit for the 125 is a great idea if you love the 125 but just want a little more grunt. It won't make it a 2 stroke but it will give you all you need in torque even if you are a 100kg like me. The bike I have came fitted with a 14 - 57 sprocket set and a 10 front in the bag. The 14 was ok for road racing so I swapped over to the 10. Today I tried the bike with a 12 on the front and it was really good. It doesn't seem much different than the 10 in first(which surprised me) and at least it has a reasonable road speed without reving the bags out of it.

The 125 may not set the world on fire power wise but you have to learn to use to grunt. Just when I think it's going to stall and the rev's drop real low the little 4 stroke keeps going when a 2T of the same size has coughed and died.

Mind you, getting back on a 250 2T afterward is a scary experiance when you turn the thottle as far as you have been doing on the little 4T

BJDownunder

The Scorpa 125 is the worst performing new 125 on sale, as far as power is concearned, as one thing. Then there are other issues.

Have you ridden one

What are your issues

Vinnie

Yes I have ridden one, my issues are few but significant (in my mind), however I don't really want to get into a list of whats bad about this bke or any other for that matter, the power of a 125 4t tralie motor will never be as good as that of a 125 Sherco and that was what the thread was about.

I just wish some used ones would start showing up!!! I have ridden the 125 stock, with a 143cc kit and one that was bumped up to 170cc(I think, somewhere between 168 and 173). I think for me, it is the perfect bike and the 143cc kit is a must. Sold my Beta recently and have been riding my TY250 for now but a Scorpa is in the future. Nice bikes.