Blue Hoses. Diy

biffsgasgas

So the Mrs is dead set on blue hoses. About three years ago I had to rescue her on this bike when we borrowed it for one of her trips to the US. The S shaped hose was hit at the pump and didn't make it down the creek bed. Well fast forward and she bought the bike last year. I have spent a better part of the winter trying to make it right. Well one thing that we were struggling with was silicone hoses. Not to be out done with not finding anything here or abroad I think i found an alternative. 

In college i was a frequent customer to Pegasus racing here in the states. They have all sorts of generic silicone hoses from Samco and the like. Not too bad either. Most of the hoses go from 3/4 to 5/8 inch sizes on this bike. So with the help of Lowes I think i got it figured out. The clamps are to be desired but they are the sleeved type so they won't cut into the hose. She likes it because if the water pump  hose needs replacing its not too hard. I probably could have over lapped a bit more but it seals and is functional.

This weekend while "cleaning" the garage I got them installed...

0420151944_zpspkofs2h4.jpg

0420151945_zpsnytsxhn8.jpg

I will probably flip that high clamp around to the bottom to clean it up.

Oh and my lame idea of a clean garage.

0420151950_zps6jd13hrk.jpg

--Biff

• Like 1