Getting Back Into Trials, But Where Are The Riders?

gfisch

That sounds like a good way to improve the queue issue.  As you pointed out, making sure there is a way around the section is obviously a necessary.

Any thoughts about how to get more people involved?  I've talked to a number of people in our local motorcycle shops and their main comment is that they think it's too hard for them to even attempt, even though they have been street, or off-road, riders.

Sounds wicked! I really want one but the only thing I'm concerned about is the clutch. We use the clutch so much that I just can't get my head around not having one. I'll have to try and get a ride on one but I think I'll get one in a year or two. 

And as for the original thread - I agree that the queueing is a nightmare and I don't see why they don't split the entries over the first 3-5 sections. I know some could complain about starting on harder sections etc. but for club level events, it would be a very good idea. 

I'm hoping that electric bikes will open up a lot of venues and options. 

The "clutch" switch is definitely "different", but for stopping, etc., it seems normal.  For VERY low-speeds, the clutch is not required whatsoever.  Throttle alone can handle that just fine.  The same applies to most "roll-ups" and "double-blips".  Even large steps seem to be handled with throttle alone, however, there is much I still need to learn.