2009 Txtpro 250 Front Brake Problems

mxdan

Hi Everyone, I'm new here but really need some help.

Recently bought a 2009 250 txt pro and I'm having real trouble with the front brake.

the first time that i tried to ride it, i go 10minutes before it was unridable due to the front brake locking up, so i packed up and drove home to have a look.

one of the pistons in the calliper was seized up a little but with a bit of persuasion , it was moving freely again. 

Now i have put the lower banjo bolt back, and attempted many times to bleed the system, i have about got a brake there, but its still binding.

I have fitted new pads, removed some oil from the master cylinder, fitted new seals to the master cylinder- but now I'm stuck what to try next.

Anyone got any ideas?

Starting to get frustrated now been 2 weeks and i still haven't had a proper ride on the bike!

Thanks

Dan

Put a cable around the brake lever and the bars for a night, might help!

Also make sure the routing of the hose is as vertical as possible so airbubles can come out. And bleed the system again, bottom up with a serince.

Next time dont remove the banjo but take the whole system off.

Probably no freeplay at the lever.

If you are applying any pressure at all on the piston with the lever actuating rod, then you have probably have blocked the transfer port from piston to reservoir and will never be able to bleed it.

YOU MUST HAVE SOME FREE PLAY AT THE LEVER.

check out this link for an explanation of the piston position:

https://thehellteam.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/trial-master-cylinder-and-lever-setup/

post-1604-0-85140200-1436566979_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-45813300-1436566991_thumb.jpg

Edited by arnoux

Probably no freeplay at the lever.

If you are applying any pressure at all on the piston with the lever actuating rod, then you have probably have blocked the transfer port from piston to reservoir and will never be able to bleed it.

YOU MUST HAVE SOME FREE PLAY AT THE LEVER.

check out this link for an explanation of the piston position:

https://thehellteam.wordpress.com/2015/07/10/trial-master-cylinder-and-lever-setup/

Hi Mate

Thanks for your help.

I have about about 5mm play on the lever, and the master cylinder piston butts up to the circlip.

Got the brake feeling good, but still after 5mins callipers red hot and brake sticking.

I unbolted the calliper and pulled the leaver in, and the pistons all push pout and return back where they should.

Really confused now

If you have plenty of free play, there are two things that you might not see. You can have the front lever bolt actually tightening while pulling the lever. Also have you pulled apart the master cylinder and verified the little port is not plugged to the reservoir? Also the piston can bind, but just slowly returns to the off position.