Hello New Ty Owner... I Think?

jester84

just took a gamble on this bike for $50 cdn. breaks are siezed engine is not. tank and seat appear to be honda xl? lower frame section was replaced with some checker plate aluminumm

some digging on the net leads me to believe its a ty250

any ways just posting here as this seems like a good place for reasearch and advice. while i figure out what to do with it. if its even worth fixing,parting out or just scrap metal.

please feel free to post sujestions.

post-21590-0-53618300-1439580272_thumb.jpg

post-21590-0-79961000-1439580350_thumb.jpg

post-21590-0-33410200-1439580541_thumb.jpg

post-21590-0-23827600-1439580584_thumb.jpg

Edited by jester84

Fuel tank is IT Yamaha 1977/78

It's a TY250 frame and they never had tubes under the engine and the original A model bashplate was rubbish

It looks complete enough to me to be resurrected for trials use here in Australia

It has a TY250 B model carby

The motor and frame look like A model

A model frame and motor should have numbers that start with 434

I'm intrigued with the extra bolts through the frame plate where the swingarm pivot attaches on the RH side of the bike

post-3125-0-54436500-1439629897_thumb.jpgI'd have a go at getting it to run, a couple of months ago I was in the same situation with a 1978 TY250 that I had bought several years ago as a breaker. It has cost me about £150 in parts to get it to a state where I was happy to enter a trial on it. It looks like an absolute dog,but goes and rides very well. I've done a couple of local trials on it and had a great time on it.

Each bike that is kept complete and running is another one to share in the twinshock world - and that it will need spares is also good,that keeps all the network of small suppliers in business too.

Edited by jon v8
  • Like 7