Gas Gas Saviour?

sirdabalot

Depends on economy of scale vs market share gain due to multiple brands. If Sherco selling GasGas bikes steals sufficient market share from other companies it makes good sense. If Sherco selling GasGas bikes steals a large share of market from Sherco probably not.

There is a business model that has become fairly common in saturated markets. When the possibility for "organic" growth has stopped due to stagnation of market size growth comes through absorbing your smaller competitors. It's rampant in the semiconductor industry these days.

Edited by dan williams

Depends on economy of scale vs market share gain due to multiple brands. If Sherco selling GasGas bikes steals sufficient market share from other companies it makes good sense. If Sherco selling GasGas bikes steals a large share of market from Sherco probably not.

There is a business model that has become fairly common in saturated markets. When the possibility for "organic" growth has stopped due to stagnation of market size growth comes through absorbing your smaller competitors. It's rampant in the semiconductor industry these days.

But if GG would steal a large share of sherco market, sherco would want to have this share, so buy gg and quit sherco ;)

Edited by crazybond700

Just saw this on a Sherco forum...

My understanding is that Sherco only wanted the facility. That's what I heard anyway. The GG building is about 2 hours away from the enduro facility and about halfway between it and the Barcelona facility where trials bikes are built and parts are stored for both lines.

The facility is located in Girona which isnt that far from caldes de montbui but the latest i heard was the bikes are now assembled in france?

The building afaik was not owned by Gas Gas, is one of hundreds of empty industrial units in that area so cant see what youre suggesting at all Micheal t?

• Like 1

Lots of differing opinions as to what Gasgas actually did in their factory, if everything was bought in and only assembly took place, then it is now just an empty shed !

In buying GasGas the new owner has tens of thousands of existing bikes to supply 'genuine' spares for as well as an existing brand loyal customer base probably keen to buy a 2016 Gasser with its pedigree (however you see that,but there is no denying it is a top brand ) rather than taking a risk on the first years production of the new players. Remember the first Ossas ?

The facility is located in Girona which isnt that far from caldes de montbui but the latest i heard was the bikes are now assembled in france?

The building afaik was not owned by Gas Gas, is one of hundreds of empty industrial units in that area so cant see what youre suggesting at all Micheal t?

Not suggesting anything just a copy and paste from the Sherco forum and may be much more slanted towards their Enduro side of the house.

Edited by michael_t

I Would buy a 2016, my sons 2015 125 is an unbelievable bike it really is good for a 125!

And so would others. I believe they had like a backorder of around 1000 bikes at the end! The product is not the problem. I hope they can produce again, because I want a new one in a year or so!