Ventoux Trial Classique 2015

guys

A great watch, what It doesn,t show is how difficult the red route really was and how the team of Tarres, Saunders and Berlatier were a country mile ahead of the rest who really struggled on the top route.  It is a trial that should be on the hitless of must do's  and again the video doesn t show the wonderful array of  machinery on view ridden right across the classes .One of the observers had  Eddie Lejeurns  Honda to get to his section, and it was left propted up against a tree.  If you are slightly effected by trials bike envy, then come to the trial next year, there is usually one of every thing there. You  need to get organized though they were oversubscribed by 120 this year.

• Like 1

I Would say its a nice ride round, and yes you would think having only 20 sections might be a little light. However you never seem to think at the end of the day, we finished too early, or I wish there were more sections. Its a full days riding and to be honest ageing limbs on Sunday morning do object a little when putting on the boots. My only comment, the organisers are getting slightly hung up on having all these ex superstars there and catering accordingly. The hard route not long ago was very do able, now its becoming a very tough, hence the middle route is packed with riders who should be in my opinion riding the red. Also the handicappe system. If you ride a pre 65, at the end of the day your marks are cut in half. There is no segregation and only one class, so riders on twinshocks have to have an almost magical ride to beat good riders on good pre 65,s after all the adjustments are made. Still these issues maybe looked at and tweaked for next year, again really worth doing for the whole experience.

I Would say its a nice ride round, and yes you would think having only 20 sections might be a little light. However you never seem to think at the end of the day, we finished too early, or I wish there were more sections. Its a full days riding and to be honest ageing limbs on Sunday morning do object a little when putting on the boots. My only comment, the organisers are getting slightly hung up on having all these ex superstars there and catering accordingly. The hard route not long ago was very do able, now its becoming a very tough, hence the middle route is packed with riders who should be in my opinion riding the red. Also the handicappe system. If you ride a pre 65, at the end of the day your marks are cut in half. There is no segregation and only one class, so riders on twinshocks have to have an almost magical ride to beat good riders on good pre 65,s after all the adjustments are made. Still these issues maybe looked at and tweaked for next year, again really worth doing for the whole experience.

point taken.