Montesa 4Rt 260 Price In Rest Of Eu

scrambler

Not sure that's quite right, but hey-ho

Vat is payable either there or here, but in reality it's just a 'netting off' exercise - as long as you have some other vat able sales to do that against

Ok with a Van, but proving a Trials bike is work related is the difficult one - so you end up paying it, somewhere along the line

think youre missing my point i dont pay vat there or here, there because its going to another country permanently, here cos no one to pay it too.

quote "You can account for and pay the VAT due on your next VAT Return"

so vat due is £x (but you dont pay this) and refund is £x (but you dont reclaim).

So nothing to do with sales etc

Yes?

Ive done it a few times so know its right for vans, the whether its for buisness or not is without question but not sure vat even care about that.

Edited by nigel dabster

think youre missing my point i dont pay vat there or here, there because its going to another country permanently, here cos no one to pay it too.

quote "You can account for and pay the VAT due on your next VAT Return"

so vat due is £x (but you dont pay this) and refund is £x (but you dont reclaim).

So nothing to do with sales etc

Yes?

Ive done it a few times so know its right for vans, the whether its for buisness or not is without question but not sure vat even care about that.

Are you bringing in new vans or second hand?

I think as soon as you try to register them in the UK you would have to pay the vat. I'm not sure what would happen with an unregistered trials bike, but if Customs & Excise found out you had not paid the vat on either side of the channel you would be in serious trouble. This would apply to a business or an individual.

Anyway, I've had a quote for a standard 4rt - £3959 + vat = £4751 delivered.

And a Repsol 4rt - £4821 + vat = £5785 delivered.

• Like 1

As a one off purchase for an individual this is fine and difficult not to do. However when uk importers dropped their prices back in the 90s only people who didn't actually own a recent bike did well out of it. In times of falling prices depreciation hits anyone with a bike harder.

What im saying is if you persuade / influence importers to drop prices in the uk then everyone who already has a 260 mont in this example is going to see their bike devalued.

Edited by baldilocks

I will buy my 300RR from a non official Montesa dealer because a can get a greater discount from him, than when I would buy it from the official Belgian importer.

My dealer orders them directly from Honda Europe. It does has the disadvantage that you have to wait longer for delivery. Official dealers get the new bikes first.

Prices in Finland

Montesa Honda 300RR 2016
starting only 7655 + VAT and shipping.
From. 9490 incl. VAT 24%

Montesa Honda Race Replica 2016
starting only 6355 + VAT and shipping.
From. 7890 incl. VAT 24%

Montesa Honda 4RT260 2016
starting only 5395 + VAT and shipping.
From .6690 incl. VAT 24%

• 2 months later...

Since I had a quote for an imported 4rt back in early December, the exchange rate has changed from £0.71/€ to £0.78/€. This changes the delivered price from £4751 to £5219 which is getting pretty close to the UK price.

A Repsol would now be £6355.