Sidecar Trials

kevin j

Dabster you miserable bugger! I hope you're playing devils advocate, I really don't think that you think like that.

I've been to a couple of the British Championship sidecar rounds, observing at one, and it just made me want a sidecar, (although not quite enough for the extra

Nigel - I reckon you should stop being so negative and get out and watch a round of the Brit Champs. It's getting more popular and the level of the top crews is really good.

And Rowly and Robin are right, the s/car boys really are a bunch of drunks :) , so they would spend all the day lying on their side if there wasn't a third wheel!! :(

Sidecar championship has been around for about 45 years, a lot longer than the classic!

One regular classic competitor swears the best event of the year is the Mel Harrison sidecar national as it has 'Proper' sections.

Don't think you can say the sidecar championship spoils the classic, i think over 40's on modern bikes are not suited to the same sections as sidecars but real pre 65 solo's (not fiddle bikes) compliment it OK

And how many non fiddle bikes ride in the classic series currently?

I agree 100% the over 40's should have a seperate championship last weeks result over 40 winner on 4 pre 65 winner 70, just wrong.

I think my beef with sidecars at some events is that the organisers thinking the sections for sidecars are ok for the others, last years west of england (I think it was) was appalling.

Totally agree re the section issue. It only works on certain terrain and cetain sections. It is very hard to get grip on a sidecar so putting us on same sections when slippy doen't allways work. However things like a tight cambered slippy turn can be easier on a sidecar than a solo.

It really needs a clerk of course who understands to get it right.

Sidecar sections are suited to novices and original pre 65, not over 40 on modern bikes.