Nissin Brake Master Cylinder

markg

The Nissin master cylinder made a noticeable difference on my 2008 4RT but haven't had the chance to test it on my 2015 Repsol because I already sold it.

That said, the one piece caliper brake on the 2015 Repsol is already a great improvement compared to previous models.

Please note that the 1 piece caliper  of the 2015 Repsol has a 8 mm banjo bolt as opposed to the 10 mm banjo bolts on previous models, so you need a specific brake line. (H&D Racing sells them)

• Like 2

my 05 was std, 09 had Nissin, my 15 std mont is original.

cant say I notice much difference or miss it .

The nissin if grabbed to hard was almost too powerful if you are in a bit of a mess.

The repsol has different caliper to std 15 so presume is a tad better anyway.

Save your money and spend it on good brake pads instead. 

• Like 2

If I may butt in, Galfer and Jitsie racing pads are very good.

And if you can find them for your bike (haven't found matching pads for my 4RT yet), I can also recommend Lucas (TRW Automotive) pads.

I used them in my 315R and they performed even better than Galfer and almost never had to be cleaned to keep them performing well.

Original Honda/Montesa are Galfer and found they work well.

Used to run Goldfren sintered pads in winter to give some extra life in the mud etc but recently just stick with Galfer all year.

Strip and clean pads every ride and quick deglaze seems to give best performance

It's also a personal thing. I like sharp brakes on my mountain bike as well as on my trial motorcycle.

I'm just an intermediate rider and the Nissin master cylinder never got me in trouble.

As far as I can see it's 250 € or 188 £

H&D Racing also sels them with mounting bolts and banjo bolt for the brake line in Titanium   :rolleyes:  http://www.handdracing.co.uk/userimages/procart2.htm

Another advantage of the Nissin master cylinder is that the construction is much more robust compared to a Braktec (or AJP)

" I'd like to know exactly what's different from a 2000 era rm or the 07+ crf-r Nissins."

As long as the  piston bore diameter is the same, it should be ok.

Edited by guys

• 3 weeks later...

The main reason to use the Nissin M/C with 11mm bore is to make flicking the back end around easier with less punishment to the riders finger during an event.The master cylinder to have now is the Brembo PS 10 N that as its catalogue number suggests has a  10mm bore.This is the one used by Toni Bou and at one point Adam Raga had one on his GasGas these cost approx £100.00 GBP.If you can find one.

Italian motorcycle dealers will be the place to enquire about availability. Motomecca spares in the uk lists one and sells a repair kit for one.

If you do not do alot of pivot turns on the front end then its fair to say that it has little value.

H and D have a 'works' master cylinder as well, do you think the brembo is better than this as well? Can't seem to find the brembo anywhere, do you possibly have a link for one please mate? TIA