Peg Hanger Break

diki

Hi all, bought a 4rt 2007 model, well used, purchased this more of a test bed to see if I get on with the Mont before buying new!

Broke off the left peg today from the frame & noticed the other side is cracked!

......weldable? Looks like its been welded before, any tricks in sorting this, plates etc.. cheers ma dears!

Usually down to fitting aftermarket alloy or titanium hangers. There's just no give in them and the frame ends up breaking first. I had one break in the ssdt, not a nice way to spend the rest of the trial!

Get the bike stripped down and take the frame to an engineering firm. It can be fixed, you've just got to find the right people who understand the stresses of trials.

Where are you located?

Thanks mate, standard hangers but fitted raptor titanium pegs, bare frame be best? Don't think there's much room past the linkage/swing arm to get a mig trigger in there!

Is there many 4rt's around that get broken down for parts?

Northern Ireland, cheers!

The aluminium hangers are more bulkier, constructed more rigid I think. They usually use a high grade, hard and tough aluminium for such parts. 

I've heard from other aluminium hangers, that caused the frame to crack or brake.

I know my standard steel one bended when I hit a tree stump going uphill (at some speed) on a narrow passage.

Some weld a steel bar to the back of the standard hangers, to reinforce them, but I rather replace or straighten a cheap steel hanger, than having to weld the frame because the hanger wouldn't give.

Then again, anything can happen as demonstrated by diki.

I have had 1 side break on mine twice,second time I got it welded with a triangular piece of ally from the hanger too the crossbrace.Never had a problem since then,it's a simple strip down I just took the wheel and swinger off and dropped it off at the welders.No more Ti pegs for me though.

• Like 2