British Uk Championship

as iow

My two penneth for what its worth

if you force everyone to run by one set of rules then these that don't like will just go AMCA and the "union" will be less useful!

One set of rules worked before, I think we need one rule for UK trials.

I find myself turning up to events now and asking what the rules are, like a new kid on the block. I have been riding trials for ?? years, I never had to do this when I started.

It's hard enough getting observers nowadays, maybe they are fighting shy not only because they don't know the rules, but are afraid of the conflict from some riders when they dispute their score, these riders probably don't know what rules the particular competition is running under in any case. No stop is easy to observe.

Top riders can adapt to the hopping and skipping if they need to move onto the next level, it is harder for the novice/intermediate to do this.

Another way to get bums on bikes is through people spectating, if ''Joe CBR 600'' is watching a trial and is gobsmacked :crying::crying: by by the hopping and skipping antics, is he better leaving the trial thinking no way can I do that, or looking at a 'No Stop' trial, thinking well I could manage some of that :D<_<

The SSDT is a good example, gone back to No Stop and is over subscibed, because the clubman rider feels he has half a chance of getting through a majority of the sections.

So my vote goes with 'No Stop'

One final point, the ACU had an open meeting to discuss our sport, I am just wondering how many importers were there, surely it is in their best interest to help the sport of trials push forward, not go in decline.

surely the ACU T&E committee only legislate for the nationals (ie events issued on rugby's permits) - its up to the centres (or SACU) what method they use for their championships and then its up to the clubs what they want for their trials.

come on its a democracy and a free country and the continued TSR22 A or B argument is upsetting people --> there is no need to dictate what method is used and for all i care invent TSR 22 C, D, etc if you want to.

At the end of the Day what's the point of dictating and upsetting people ?

sure back the day non stop worked for everyone - then some people got very good and took trials to the next level and hoop skipped and jumped --> if they want to do this, and people want to put on trials for them then why not.

even if we all went non stop, would the FIM change ??? Come on .......

rabie :D

The Acu does not legislate for Nationals the make Rules for the various series based on what people want.

It is likely that "nationals" will disappear soon and these will become "open" events which can run under either rules.

If everyone agreed there would be only one set of rules they never will so we are stuck with choice, is that such a bad thing?