Hi & Help

spud plark

Hello Spud Plark, (good name by the way) :D

The area you live in is close to a couple of pieces of land i complete regularly at: Rotherfield and Crowborough. They are not practise grounds and I say this because i've never heard of them being used in this way, but I might be wrong.

The closest bike club to you is The 96 Trials club. They can be contacted by calling the motorcycle trials dealer, Stevens Trials in Bexley; 0208 301 4111 (Dave or Karen). You will need to become a member of the ACU and Stevens will be able help you do this.

Not wanting to upset TC (hope this alright Andy) i run a website local in your area called trials info, click on the "south Eastern centre" link below and it will take you to my site - there is a calendar that may be of interest. Most or nearly all of the trials events local to you are advertised in a small gazzette paper called the TSM. The TSM is a must if you intend to ride other than practise. Again Stevens trials will have the full details.

So, I look forward to meeting you soon. We do have a OSSA rider in our centre, so lots to talk about with him and there is a trial in Swanley, Canda Heights on the second weekend of November.

Spud

Edited by spud

firstly welcome to the south and I'm afraid there are no mountains and very few rocks (if any)

there are lots of clubs about locally and you in a very active trials area

thirdly there are no (legal) trials practise areas about however there are so many events on (of varying degrees of skills) that you don't need to worry about it

IIRC KYTC (http://www.kytc.co.uk/) are running a "Wobbler" on the 30th of October which is really easy and would be the perfect event to find your trials feet (on the pegs of course). all you need is join a club (there are about 50 locally - ranging from a few pounds to my owns somewhat expensive

firstly welcome to the south and I'm afraid there are no mountains and very few rocks (if any)

there are lots of clubs about locally and you in a very active trials area

thirdly there are no (legal) trials practise areas about however there are so many events on (of varying degrees of skills) that you don't need to worry about it

IIRC KYTC (http://www.kytc.co.uk/) are running a "Wobbler" on the 30th of October which is really easy and would be the perfect event to find your trials feet (on the pegs of course). all you need is join a club (there are about 50 locally - ranging from a few pounds to my owns somewhat expensive

Thank you all so much. I never realised trials was so active in this area. I have now spoken to Karen at Stevens she suggested the Kent and Sussex MCC or the 96. Seems I am closer to the K&S MCC but the two clubs are frequently competing together at either Crowborough or Rotherfield. I am trying to get through to the K&S MCC.

I have also emailed EDMCC and Gest.

I have got the transport Co. to bring my bikes back asap, they are currently in storage. More than likely I

• 3 weeks later...

Hi rabie,

Just got back from Canada Heights but didn't find you. I asked a couple of the officials but they hadn't seen you either. Nasty weather, but took some pics. Hope you can see them. There was a guy with a nice Ossa.

Spud Plark

dsc00279nn.jpg

dsc003211xd.jpg

Edited by Spud Plark

Nice photos Spud Plark what camera have you? I decided to move to the Expert class, so loads to learn, my result should be somewhere at the bottom on the results :ph34r: , at bit like where i spent most of the day. good trial

I used a Nikon D70 with a 18-70 Nikkor lens. Nice camera but as with all things technological it has now been surpassed by better and cheaper products. Those pics are shrunk versions. Got more but don't know if riders would take kindly to seeing their faces plastered on the web.

Got my bikes yesterday. The Ossa TR80's are wrecks and in urgent need of restoration and I stripped the Cota's carb apart after foolishly spending an hour trying to kick the motor into life :ph34r: It was one big glop of gum. Called Dellorto UK and they are sending me a CS version rebuilt to ZS specs. Friendly bunch. Probably going to Stevens this week to get some kit and talk Shercos.

Pity I missed you both. Next time.

3 more

12il.jpg

29vv.jpg

36ew.jpg