Hi & Help

spud plark

@spud

Been a bit busy and will probably be going to Stevens on Friday to buy kit and have a chat. So no affiliation to any club yet or the ACU but they are on my "to do" list. I got the new dellorto carb and fitted it to my Cota 310 late yesterday evening. It worked perfectly only to find that the front caliper piston seal bust chucking fluid all over the place. I am basically starting anew. :o

@Motosinge83

Thanks. I exchanged emails with Agustin about 4 years ago when I thought I may get down to the restoration. My work took over and the bikes were left in storage. Apparently the colour was/is Max Meyer yellow 132 Alfa Romeo. I found a great contact for all Ossa spares in Southern Spain. His name is Colmenero and seems to have most items. I just hope my job doesn

Edited by Spud Plark

Motosinge83, In yellow they do look smart. The bike is little before my time but if theres an offer i'd like to try one. What area do you ride?

Spud Plark, will you be taking your camera to the Coombe Valley trial on the 20/11/05? Its the last round of the South Eastern Centre Championship and a really big day for two riders, Ashley Newbery and Richard Ely. I'm riding that day (cliff) and will be writing a report and conducting an interview with both these two. If you are taking your camera we can meet up in the car park before the trial start. Any extra camera work would be much appreciated and i'll post your details on www.trialsinfo.com with anything featured of yours.

:o I'm sorry spud I can't coz the 20th. is my birthday and my wife will have my "nuts" for garters if I wreck the "secret" party she has organised and go off to a trial. The day before (yes a Saturday) I've got to go and see my son's school headmaster :ph34r::D I'de be more than happy to help out any other Saturday or Sunday. Is there anything on this coming week end?

No problem. You've a good lady wife. My wife tried to spring a surprise on me last year with my bags being packed :o:D . she's a little sweet heart really. :ph34r: Happy birthday for the 20th, I always adhere to my once a year tradition of, "all those in the house do as i say!!!" This only happens one day of the year so i try and make the most of it. :D:o

I think there is a British bike trial at Canada Heights this weekend, it should be advertised on the Sidcup MCC website.

Have you subcribed to the TSM? There's a Team Trial for North Kent clubs in December i'll be riding in it. Its a 3 man team with a supplied observer, the event i think is near Hastings. Whilst i'm on this topic, any ideas for a team name? Perhaps: Team Chicken Vindaloo or Team Big Hairy Mambers :P

Edited by spud

There is a place you can ride.

But get in contact with me for more information, its not far from where you live at all.

Loads of things to ride, one of my favourites was a burnt out flatbed lorry that i was messing around on.

Nitjay@btinternet.com

Also i ride with Horsham Riders, but i have done a Eastbourne trial at..... (something)Farm they do tires there for trials bikes and all, it was a nice bit of land, and Eastbourne ride on saturdays which suits me as i work Sundays.

I recommend that club, even though ive only been there once everyone was friendly. However if you want to get so muddy you cant move, 5 nearly every single section, get stuck in countless ditches in mud up to your knees, then come to HRC its the place for You!!!

Just kidding its great fun, big woodland everyone is mega friendly, i realise its a little bit of a treck, but there is someone who comes from Ringmer who rides with us.

Dom

Edited by Nitjay - HRC

nah it look like my dad will be the novice on my bike as I'll be up here working --> may change by then (if i was free it would be a good laugh - or millipede run!!!)

as for the others i assume so but i can't actually remember .....

rabie :rolleyes:

@RunnerUp.

I have no idea if those wheels are stock or after market. But you can contact the owner at stevens-trials.co.uk

@rabie. I'll try and make it with my camera.

I am now a memeber of the K&S MCC with my ACU membership in the post. :unsure: The only problem now is understanding what markers mean what as in paleolithic times when I last did trials we used ribbons at best. Steep learning curve. :rolleyes:

@Dom. I'll PM or email you. Thanks.

for our part of the world (well country) we tend to use cards stapled to trees, etc

white - expert

blue - inter

red - novice

yellow - wobbler (not always run)

depends on the trial what route is run ....

see you about :unsure:

rabie :rolleyes: