Provisional Dates?

pitley

Yes the championship for people over 40 with 4 childern 5 horse's 4 cat's 2 dog's a nagging wife <_< and very little time on their hands. Who live south of the M4 , and get sh*t all week for spending too much time messing around with those bl**dy motorbikes. :D

Re Dates.

As stated at National Forum and posted in report - drawing up National dates is becoming ever more difficult.

We are aiming to avoid as many clashes as possible - and try to start with British Solo Championship. These dates cannot be finalised until FIM and UEM dates are finalised. FIM Congress is this weekend - hopefully their dates are then done - and UEM dates are then confirmed. All goes wrong if one or two of FIM dates have a problem - and they have to change - as this then usually forces a UEM change - which forcers us to change a Brit Champ - and so it goes on. Remember we have quite a lot of Youth and Women also competing FIM / UEM

I hope that if FIM are confirmed this weekend - we can try to confirm ours next weekend - or at least most of them - and should be finalised by 1st week in Nov. As I have said - this is the theory at least - don't hold your breath - but I hope so.

I read somewhere else about more Brit Champ rounds held in winter months - I think Graham Jarvis had suggested it would be a good idea.

There is no real problem here - but I have to tell you that most =- if not all applications tend to favour the months which are kinder weather wise.

Also it was not very long ago that we had to avoid the Indoor World Championship and other Indoor events - which are in the early part of the year. Dougie and Graham and sometimes a few others were competing in these then - so dates for Brit Champ were not availabe till after Indoor season.

Does not cause the same problem now - as it probably only affects Dougie - so Graham is available in Winter months ?

We do of course have to make sure that any up and comming riders such as Shaun or James - and certainly the few very promising Youth riders should they get chance to compete indoors in the future are afforded the same opportunities as past contenders - but at present - as far as we know - should Organisers wish to run in Winter I see no big problem.

My Club I think would probably laugh I think at the suggestion to run St David's in winter for wetter weather. After several years of monsoon in AUG - we are moving to march and are hoping for drier weather!

I was intrested more to know the dates of the classic series for next year, as our club is plannig to run a dual route road trial for twinshocks in herefordshire, so we did not want to clash with the classic series. Cheers..