Oil Pump Ty250 1976

johnboy999

I used to take them off, at least you know the oil is getting in to the motor when it's in with the fuel, I liked the auto lube system but went off it when a mate of mine snapped the cable and seized the motor.

Hi Spen , Tell me do you have to put a blanking plate on where it came out of ?

Oh by the way I got a quote for insurance 3 party only they want £278.00 per annum this must be with my age and not rode a bike in 40 years

Edited by johnboy999

This is my TY250C cover minus the oil pump, the blanking plate kit came from TYtrials, the drive gear etc have been removed. Before fitting the kit the gear & shaft were still in place which kept things sealed up

20160219_120537_zpsdkvelpmk.jpg

There's a fair bit of extra work gone into that cover, I filled in the hole for the oil lines & the cable mount before blending it all back to get the smooth look I wanted as well as better sealing. Took quite a bit of time to get the JB Weld exactly as I wanted but I'm very happy with the final result.

This is how it looks with the oil pump cover fitted

20160219_120323_zpsjmjuha57.jpg

The oil pump blanking kit comes with the gasket & screws for a fiver, well worth it if you plan on removing the drive gear & shaft but you will need to get the clutch cover gasket as well

PJ1 silver spray can is what I used, started off with a etch primer as I wanted to seal over the magnesium properly. Silver is the colour that the cover originally was rather than the black that a lot of bikes seem to use & to me it makes the motor look smaller

• Like 1