4Rt Idle Screw Position

thall1

Hi All, does anyone know what the base setting should be for the idle adjustment screw?....worked on mine yesterday, adjusted the valve clearance to try to improve hot starting... tried it all day in the garden with no problems from hot or cold.... got the bike out today....dead as dead can be!....thought it may have been too low an idle setting as we had this once before when we first got the bike... adjusted idle but still nothing, went back the other way but still dead... then realised it was out of fuel!! but by this time I had lost count of the idle screw adjustments I had made! -As I mentioned earlier when we first got the bike my son dropped the idle down before we carried out a service -see 4RT no spark.....

all sorted!....put idle back to 3 turns out but nothing...checked the plug on a GasGas (because I can turn it over by hand) and the plug was sparking - so it's not the plug I thought....after lots of electrical checks, I tie wrapped the Montesa plug to the exhaust of the Montesa and kicked it over.... still no spark...then put a GasGas plug on and it sparked! - bad connection on the cap?....put the Montesa one back on and no spark......closed the gap up to about .020" and it sparked!....duff (but only 1hr old) plug!

many thanks to all.........