Scott Trial 1962

2fargone

Having just studied the Scott analysis and stats posted by Andy (great coverage Andy cheers ) I must congratulate Graham on his winning ride as sixteen marks lost on observation is really remarkable.Having ridden the Scott myself some years ago I have the upmost respect for anybody just finishing the trial not to mention winning it!

I know it is impossible and wrong to compare modern day trials with those of years ago but while the Scott is still fresh in the air I thought I would post this set of results from 1962 as 'Sammys' win at the time was widely regarded as one of the greatest wins of all time.

What do you think guys and girls?

Sorry about the quality of the scans but they are 43 years old.

To follow :)

Edited by 2fargone

Don't forget that Graham Jarvis set standard time & only lost 11 on observation in 2003, he claimed he was hard done by at the time as he didn't think he'd lost that many.

Yes I am aware of all Graham's Scott results and I am not belittling any of them, I just thought I would post the old results as it is 'SCOTT FEVER TIME'

:)

Have you got any more? We're thinking of putting all the results we can find on RMC's web site.

I'll have a look through my old fellas library! he's got piles of them and all the old 'Motor Cycle' magazines from that era so I'll have a dig through them and see what I can find! :)

Edited by 2fargone

Young Gordon Adsett still rides TVTC trials www.thamesvalleytrials.co.uk down here in the sunny south on the Blue (Inter) route and someone told me recently came 2nd in a modern motocross event on a CZ!

"Eee them wer the days, reet mush on a reet lump of iron tha knows"

Thee soft buggers don't nae nowt about motorbikes, and reet trials, when I wer a lad we did it reet tha nos.

I sin this one twerp riding scottish t'other year, e wer on one them fancy new machines, bugger dug section up like a backhoe tha nos, can't think et daft sods name, but I thought I sin a picture un him on t'internet.

Thee soft buggers don't nae nowt about motorbikes, and reet trials, when I wer a lad we did it reet tha nos.

I sin this one twerp riding scottish t'other year, e wer on one them fancy new machines, bugger dug section up like a backhoe tha nos, can't think et daft sods name, but I thought I sin a picture un him on t'internet.

Ishy this is as bad as Phone text speak

:):D;)

Vinnie