Newby In Somerset

seedoubleyou

Afternoon all. I'm just getting into this trials thing as I fancy doing a bit of mud plugging in the winter down here in Somerset. I live in the Quantock Hills so not too far from some lovely routes, although I know the area of outstanding beauty lot have had most the trails closed. I do know some local farmers who I'm sure will let me shred their fields and woods though.

Anyway I happened across this OSSA MAR in the VMCC magazine a few weeks back just down the road, so I duly popped over and bought it off the chap. Nice little bike; hand painted in Hammerite with the tank and panels in Dulux non drip gloss. Suffice to say the bike is now a crate of bits with the frame off to be powder coated while I tart up what's left. Engine sounds sweet with all the gears.

I've never done a trial before but will be looking at joining the folks in the Somerton or Taunton clubs in their twinshock class. Having said that I popped along to watch a trial with the Exmoor club and they only had about 3 twinshocks entered and they were all Fantics. Nothing Spanish to be seen anywhere. Have I bought the wrong bike? Makes no difference does it, as long as your getting dirty and having a laff.

I'm pretty much done with everything I can on the MAR now Spen and have to wait for the stuff to come back from the paint shop. I reckon a few days will have this thing back together. I'm not going upto Croft next week so that will give me something to do. I see you've replied to my post on the TY80..the youngster fancies having a go now as well so the TY80 has had the covers taken off. They do say that you should only do one at a time don't they?