Ossa Gripper Tr80 Exhaust

spud plark

Hi All,

I've got two basket case OSSA TR80 350 Grippers. I am planning a full restoration of one of them and will be using the other for parts. But I know one part that is going to give me a real problem. That's the primary exhaust system, part number 134.920 M. Both are dented. Can these dents be repaired and if so how? Or does anyone know where I can get one in a decent condition?

Thanks in advance.

Spud Plark

Failing all else you might have to have a new one made using those as a pattern? But having said that, I imagine that cutting out the dent and welding in a patch might be equally feasible. The advantage of making a new one in my opinion would be to choose stainless steel because it will not rust like carbon steel. You can still paint it black if you like. Hope that helps.

You quite correct. But cost is of the essence here. I don't know how much it would cost to get a new one replicated but it can't be cheap. The used (but in good condition) exhaust with all new connectors, rubber blocks, manifold springs and asbestos :ph34r: gasket has cost me

Edited by Spud Plark