Which Bike 04 05 06 200 Pro

hensley

planning on replacing my 11 year old sons 03 200 pro with either low houred 04 200 pro new left over 05 200 pro or new 06 200 pro. Is there much advantadge to 05 06. The way i understand it the 06 has 40mm marz forks without aluminum tubes my son weighs 90 lbs. The old forks are a little lighter however i have had fork seal problems with them. Any one had any experiences performance wise with 03 compared to 04 05 06. btw The 03 has been a very dependable bike replacing only the fork seals and a few broken levers.

if your son is 11 then he souldnt be riding a 200, in which case i would definitely opt for the 2006 125, i have ridden the 05 125 and it can pull me suprisingly well (and i am not a little guy) and i hear that the 2006 is even more powerfull.

if your son is 11 then he souldnt be riding a 200, in which case i would definitely opt for the 2006 125, i have ridden the 05 125 and it can pull me suprisingly well (and i am not a little guy) and i hear that the 2006 is even more powerfull.

Over the pond lot aren't on our rules Jonny, you're right though if a 125 will pull a big lump like you they don't need a 200.

since ive already got him on a 200 i hate to switch back to 125 does anyone know whether 06 200 has more power than 05 200 or any differences other than forks. also i think the 06 125 has big forks also any problems there. I can get a good deal on a 04 used (but not a lot) ive heard 05 has more power improved rear shock compared to 04. Im probly over analizing this purchase but plan on him keeping it a good while.

hensley your lad won't no the difference between a 03 200cc and a 06 125cc

i'm 13 and 125's can pull my weight without any problem so an 11 year old would be fine and if you really want more power there are plenty of after market mods you can buy. and unless your sons an absolute pro then the power should not really be a huge problem. if you've ever seen alexz wigg ride and he must be 6 foot plus it can pull him up some huge steps.

but if your son really wants a 200 you might as well get a fresh engined 06 as you know its history then.

hope this helps :rolleyes::unsure: