4 Rt Silencer

trial pat

:D Hy from Switzerland

Yesterday, my local dealer brought a new 2006 4 RT to our clubtrial. Looks same, only a black sticker on the back mudguard.

But, on high revs, the sound was deeper and less noisy than my 2005. not much, but still. For me not enough differcence to buy a 2006 silencer.

Does anybody ride a new WES silencer for the 4 RT?

Is it really less noisy, as I want to ride in the city or wood and Swiss Police is quite rigide on noise...

I saw it at www.todotrial.com, but is very expensive there, about 300 EURO, most expensive WES... ;)

Some source in UK ?

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

subjectively they are quieter than the stock unit without the restricters. With the std exhaust + restricters I can tell no difference. The power output is supposedly smoother at the bottom and in midrange, I couldnt tell the difference.

The German Trialsport magazine (I think) is doing a test of noise for the WES verses std. See www.Trialsport.de if you have no Abo!I think it should be printed in the december issue. If not call Peter Schwarz in Niederzissen in Germany as he imports all WES Silencers. He has a 4RT silencer in stock and they are (a lot) cheaper than in Spain. Er spricht ja auch Deutsch!

Lee !

Peter Schwarz :0049 2636 6198

:D Hy Lee

Thanks for the Peter Schwarz adress, I already was on his homepage.

I once emailed him for an other Montesa part, but got no answer. Maybe he is not very good at computers.

Do you have other adresses in UK, as English is no problem for me?

Regards Patrick

Peter is hopeless on computers, gets somebody else to look after his site!! Give him a call, its much better. The things he does not know about Montesas, arnt worth knowing. Try also Edgar Kindsvogel as they answer their mails (http://www.kindsvogel.de) or Steve Goode in Welshpool, UK (0044 1938850544) Pass on my regards whoever you call

lee