Tx 280 Pro Airbox

crashmctavish

I have a 06 300 pro.

Is there no drain in the box?

Once they get out of the living room :D I'm only jealous The air filter housing can fill pretty quickly in the wet and its amazing how the mud gets in and blocks the drain in the box, I used to take my drain out did more harm than good in the winter

You mean this thing will get dirty? ;)

The sponge in the airbox sounds like it could work. I clean the air box after every trial now. My seizure occurred after a 70ft climb up a water filled gulley & :D the box was full! When I turned the bike round to descend it drank the water. Remember the box will be under a few millibar of negative pressure & fills rapidly on a full throttle climb.

Pray it does not hydraulically lock & bend the rod. Turn the bike upside down plug out & drain the muddy water from the crankcase!

Long term solution fit a snorkel :blink:

Yep, all that R2W said, with the addition of the larger rubber frame/shock cover (from GasGas UK), a Raddycool radiator guard and front mudflap. All these seem to reduce the amount of water and muck getting to the intake. On my '04 Pro I've removed the 'flapper valve' from the drain and blanked the large oval(ish)drain off with an ally plate. I then drilled 2 3mm holes, one in each bottom corner as drains. Seems to work for Cotswold streams and cack, not tried it in scottish burns yet!