2006 Scott Trial

Andy

Having been incredibly impressed by the amount raised by Richmond's 2005 Scott Trial (as detailed here) I'm determined to do what I can to get a Trials Central Charity Team together to support their 2006 event.

It's been talked about before, but never followed up on. This time I'm serious and will devote the time and effort into making it happen. We've got a number of riders on these forums who may feel that the Scott, overall is just too much, but as part of a charity relay team could have a great day being part of the toughest one-day Trial in the world and also do a lot of good for the Scott Charities at the same time. Via the site I think we could do okay on the fund-raising front.

I'm going to offer the opportunity to be part of this to forum members prior to putting it on the front page, so.... Volunteers? (Dabster, don't bother - your name is already down!)

I would love to Andy. Don't think I am up to Scott pace though (i'll still be nursing lakes 2 day injuries), even if I was part of a relay team. Great idea though. If I start training now I might be fit enough for 07.

I will be more than happy to sponsor the TC team.

Scott Committee Chairman Bruce Storr, aka Copley Decor sponsor of Sandifords Trials team, is currently being pushed extremely hard by fellow Committee members into doing this years event. We've nailed him to a figure of

Scott Committee Chairman Bruce Storr, aka Copley Decor sponsor of Sandifords Trials team, is currently being pushed extremely hard by fellow Committee members into doing this years event. We've nailed him to a figure of

Perce

what counts as a valid attempt ?

I'm quite happy to sponsor the pair of you but going to the CB on the road from the start field doesn't count as an attempt !

Last time I rode it was five petrol checks, if its still the same and you both enter as individuals I'll give you

Well I'd already canvased Armyman & Gizza5 to do a team this year already, doing it for their own cause.

I was Drunk when I said Yes :D:beer::D:)

No seriously speak to you in Scotland about it, and tell you about the charity we would like to support.

PM me and tell me how C**P that 4RT is :D:D

Perce

what counts as a valid attempt ?

I'm quite happy to sponsor the pair of you but going to the CB on the road from the start field doesn't count as an attempt !

Last time I rode it was five petrol checks, if its still the same and you both enter as individuals I'll give you

Ahhh, but Perce only puts out provisions as far as the first petrol check. After that he just uses Kinell's :)

Can't do that now the bugger put's oil in it.

I only used Kinells petrol because I put my tin on the wrong van, it's Scott tradition for the marshalls to borrow petrol from friends who aren't going to get that far, particularly those daft enough to put 5 litres in their can.

Getting back on track - Bikespace - you were seen viewing this topic. Not fancy chucking your oar in? You, and many other guys out there are capable of taking this on as a team effort.