TXT 300 Pro 2007 Clutch Bush

FRV

Hello,

I have just bought GG TXT pro 2007 with a cracked clutch case (kick starter issue - already done), and also checked the clutch. It appeared that it doesn't have clutch bush and screw. Those parts are holding the clutch unit on the axle and prevent axial movement. My local GG dealer said that they are not essential, because clutch is not moving, because the bearing holds it. And newer models doesn't have this part at all. And it is not possible to order those parts now... ( MT280232080, MT280232081).

It all looks fine, but my old clutch cover has some scratches from clutch unit.  (pictures below) 

So should I get those parts somehow? Or they are not needed?

received_573715976518157.thumb.jpeg.3456cfd4295531f4b3f0748ed3b9a946.jpeg

received_505301460095167.jpeg

IMG-20200102-WA0018.jpg

Yes they still have these two parts on the 2020 bikes, and all previous models. It is still the same part numbers. Your dealer may be out of stock, but they are definitely not obsolete or superseded part numbers.

• Like 1

Had a few gassers 05 through to 18 and they've all ran that bolt and bush arrangement. I think they've been there since 02 so always figured for the sake of a few quid just to find them, as the bolts hollow I tend to keep a spare and change it I have the clutch out, heard stories of a few been snapped off

• 4 years later...
On 1/3/2020 at 12:42 AM, FRV said:

Hello,

I have just bought GG TXT pro 2007 with a cracked clutch case (kick starter issue - already done), and also checked the clutch. It appeared that it doesn't have clutch bush and screw. Those parts are holding the clutch unit on the axle and prevent axial movement. My local GG dealer said that they are not essential, because clutch is not moving, because the bearing holds it. And newer models doesn't have this part at all. And it is not possible to order those parts now... ( MT280232080, MT280232081).

It all looks fine, but my old clutch cover has some scratches from clutch unit.  (pictures below) 

So should I get those parts somehow? Or they are not needed?

received_573715976518157.thumb.jpeg.3456cfd4295531f4b3f0748ed3b9a946.jpeg

received_505301460095167.jpeg

IMG-20200102-WA0018.jpg

Does anyone have the size and fitment pictures for the clutch bolt and bush?

I have just opened my clutch cover to find something similar… I have M5x20 for the bolt from the Splat Shop website… but no idea on the bush size… also, should the bush go in the recess with the bolt head? 

Looks like I need these two parts… but I’m in Abu Dhabi… potentially long lead to get them. :(

17 hours ago, miner said:

I have just opened my clutch cover to find something similar… I have M5x20 for the bolt from the Splat Shop website… but no idea on the bush size… also, should the bush go in the recess with the bolt head? 

Looks like I need these two parts… but I’m in Abu Dhabi… potentially long lead to get them. :(

I cut the top off a GasGas pro sump/filler plug once and drilled it out through the allen head recess and that worked fine, do not tighten that bolt very much its about 4Nm torque if I remember correctly . Use a medium strength thread lock liquid.

Edited by Tr1AL
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, miner said:

The bolt has to be hollow as oil flows through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lineaway said:

The bolt has to be hollow as oil flows through.

Could get one drilled out easily enough… plus a bush made but cant find any dimensions. :(

The rubbing was something else… put some pics on IMGUR (only use it for here and a few others 🤪)… good news is that I found the vented bolt… it was holding the stator in. 🤦‍♂️

I was looking at the parts manual including the stator… then I saw the black bolts listed there… I knew there and then it was the most likely place it had been put. 🤪

My next question is around the first two images above which I replicated…

Pic 1 shows the clutch and vented bolt… does the bolt go straight in? Or is it missing the bush which is the washer?

Pic 2 shows the back of the basket… in the centre, is that the bush? Therefore the vented bolt is purely an axial retainer? 

I’ve ordered a nut and bush from Lings GG… will probably take 7-10d via Shop & Ship though… wasn’t paying £50 to FedEx it to me in Abu Dhabi 🇦🇪🙅‍♂️😅… if only that bolt then all good for now anyway. 🤞🙏

There’s a few pics on there showing the clutch casing damage… some dunce may have put a washer under the longer stator black bolt and it all went sideways on the second ride. 

Last pics are what I was practicing on instead of riding the Gas Gas… made some changes to the setup for the better though… plus fixed the broken fan mount. Just need to do the water pump seal kit now… 🫠😅

GG 250 TXT Pro Clutch 07