2000 TXT 200 Bad engine noise

crashpotato

Hello fellow gasgas riders, 

My 2000 TXT 200 does a pretty loud knocking sound which I just can't really locate. It's a very regular knocking completely independent of clutch oder bike leaning, it depends a little on the load on the engine but that's rather irregular. I already took the cylinder off and looked for play in rod or main bearings but nothing... The clutch also is free of play. 

Does anyone know what could cause the sound? 

I could also provide a video if that helps

Thanks a lot :)

Try a mechanics stethoscope sounds silly but when iv been looking for worn bearings whilst servicing kubota sealed hydrostatic gearboxes it was an essential tool to finding out exactly where the sound/problem was coming from. You will know straight away what area ofvthe engine the knock is coming from then you can rule out worn bearings/bush/shim,loose bolts etc. 

Thanks for that hint! It's kind of hard to do that now since I got the cylinder and one engine cover off already. But even there, nothing has any play except the clutch basket does a little bit... But I think that's a typical gasgas thing that these rattle around a bit....