Birthdays Are Sooooo Excellent !

magicmat

Ok,

For my 21st my parents got me my first 'proper' trials bike !! :hyper:

its a 05 280 pro !! :D woohooo (still excited)

I rode bikes as a kid at a school and about over the last 5 years have ridden old bikes, which fell apart, lol :P

BUT NOW !! :D

Anyway, beside this, i want to look after the thing, and really look after it !!

But unsure of a couple of things,

The manual says to change the piston barrel and cylinder head once a year !! which must be bull ?? :)

ive been cleaning it, oiling it after washing, and cleaning the airfilter after use,

-it needs a service, oil, sparkplug, change coolant,....??

being less than 12months, should i really dive into the swing arm and strip it down for a clean ??

ADVICE please !!

Played on it allllll sunday ! :hyper: and im keeping a track of how many hrs use i put on it !! :hyper:

:D:D:D:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get some YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE frame guards but remember to take them off and allow to dry after washing or otherwise youll get the dreaded RUST!

or sell it and get a beta :):hyper:

NOO CANT SELL IT !! :hyper:

after twin shocks this thing is AMAZING !! :D

ive cleaned it with a sponge and then jet washed the wheels, i dont want to fade the paint or damage the fan, so im careful with the jet wash !

Then i WD40'd it ! all over ! :D

its only ever had PJ1 in it, and ive already stook to that, 50:1.

Are the yeeomee frameprotectors worth it ? i mean i really like the chrome !! but i dont want to rub it all off !! :hyper:

Going to do a beginer trial on sunday, so still excited !! :):hyper:

Mat

The YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE frame guards: Mine have been on for 8months with the bike being ridden regular and then power washed after each ride. Because of what's been said above i took one of the guards off this evening to find a nice shinny frame with no rust - hope this info is of help

Edited by spud

Cheers spud,

I can get acouple of hundred tie wraps from aldi, so dont mind,

Well <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> told me 50:1, and the GasGas manual, says 50:1,

So 50:1 it is, no disrespect :)

Just that ill stick to the manual, as there has been no ill effects to running it at that mixture :hyper:

:hyper:

Cheers guys, At uni at the moment reading my manual for bedtime reading, haha,

Cant wait, off home friday to service the bike and go practice on saturday for the beginnners trial on sunday !! :hyper:

problem is, im supposed to be going on holiday with friends, but now i want to spend the cash on my bike !! :D:)

Thanks for the advice,

PLENTY of hours of fun to come now !! :hyper:

........the nottingham 'posh' one.... :hyper:

Girfriend is at trent !! makes for interresting conversations ! hehe :hyper:

Yeah ill be at the barnsley trial, ill look out for your face !! im sure your avatar is a real likeness !! :D

Ill be in a white and brown sprinter hopefully, with a blue pro :)

my dad says he can beat me on our dying 1979 175cc bultaco !! that is in real need of a resto, im holding him to it !! :D:hyper:

Apparently he can beat me cos, i am a diltued version of him, where he is 100% himself ! :D

thinks he's funny !!