Montesa 315r 1999 wheel compatibility

Ddani

Hi everyone!

I have just purchased and old rusty 1999 315r with rusty spokes and nipples that make impossible to center the rear wheel.

I found a cheap 2008 4rt rear wheel, that have different disc/sprocket bolt pattern, but will it fit into the 99’ 315r? Wich spacers/mods must have to be done?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

IMG_0538.jpeg

This is a Jotagas rear wheel with a later model rear caliper in the 'wrong' bike.

It just took a load of measurements, home made spacers, a touch of filing and it lined up nicely. 

The front forks and clamps are 40mm Marzocchi from a Gas Gas. Stuff will generally fit but it takes a bit of searching for the measured part you think will fit, such as alternative bearings and spacers. 

20240316_120814.jpg

6 hours ago, rotors7 said:

This is a Jotagas rear wheel with a later model rear caliper in the 'wrong' bike.

It just took a load of measurements, home made spacers, a touch of filing and it lined up nicely. 

The front forks and clamps are 40mm Marzocchi from a Gas Gas. Stuff will generally fit but it takes a bit of searching for the measured part you think will fit, such as alternative bearings and spacers. 

NICE BIKE!

Thanks for you answer.  I know post -2000 are a direct fit, and found info about swapping 4rt and 315 rear wheels, but not about the pre 2000 bikes.

I was also thinking about what to do with the rear brake caliper (if it was necessary to replace with the Newer one as you did), but seems that the width is the same and is a direct bolt-in? 

4 hours ago, kurtas said:

You could just replace the spokes?
Wouldn't be surprised if the 4rt spokes are a direct fit.

Yes it is an option, but The complete set of spokes and nipples costs me more than the rear wheel that i found.

On 6/4/2024 at 12:23 AM, rotors7 said:

20240316_120814.jpg

I found a 2013 jotagas 40mm marzocchi’s, so I’m going to purchase them. Does the front wheel direct-fit with these forks? (Same as yours)

1 hour ago, Ddani said:

I found a 2013 jotagas 40mm marzocchi’s, so I’m going to purchase them. Does the front wheel direct-fit with these forks? (Same as yours)

If you're buying the complete front end then it's basically down to the fitment of the triple clamps into the 315 frame.

You might want to ask what the measurement are between the clamps and be prepared to be on the hunt for different head bearings.

I wonder if the 4rt clamps are a direct swap.

50 minutes ago, rotors7 said:

If you're buying the complete front end then it's basically down to the fitment of the triple clamps into the 315 frame.

You might want to ask what the measurement are between the clamps and be prepared to be on the hunt for different head bearings.

I wonder if the 4rt clamps are a direct swap.

I have just purchased the forks with the triple clamps + front axle + stem bearings, but not the front wheel. ¿How did you fit yours?
I wish it’s only about fitting different wheel bearings and/or wheel spacers… :ph34r:

I can confirm that the 4rt rear wheel fits the pre 2001 315r with the 325r spacers and the newer brake caliper (the inside-swingarm one), but not with the old one.

just checked it today.

• Like 1