Clutch adjustment

Hello again and thank you all for your replies 

Okay firstly it's takes a bit getting used to riding with one finger  always on the clutch lever which means I tend to crush the remaining 

Fingers around the grip when pulling in on the lever , and wondering how much slippage I should have when clutch lever is fully pulled in and touching fingers on the grip

With most motorcycle you want no slippage with the clutch when fully released but with trials you are riding most times with slippage ,so should I be able to select neutral with fingers on grip or should it only be possible when I remove fingers and pull lever all the way until it hits the grip, and should the lever be the same angle as my forearm, thanks , 

Probably didn't make this as clear as I should have

5 hours ago, betaflaxton said:

Hello again and thank you all for your replies 

Okay firstly it's takes a bit getting used to riding with one finger  always on the clutch lever which means I tend to crush the remaining ...

I solve that problem with shorty levers and by moving the lever mounts way far in on the handlebars.  There is only enough room on the lever for one finger so the lever can never crush the remaining 3 fingers and you are operating with the index finger near the outmost end of the lever giving you the best possible purchase and power to operate the lever comfortably.  Clutch friction range should be where your index finger can operate easiest and not give you arm cramps.  If your index finger needs to extend too much to fully engage the clutch then you will get arm pump fast so set up of the levers is very dependent on the size of your particular hand.

5 hours ago, betaflaxton said:

... and should the lever be the same angle as my forearm ...

No the levers should be roughly 20 degrees down from horizontal.  If you tilt the levers too far downwards you won't be able to reach them on steep down grades.