TXT Pro 250 04-07 Ducati Ignition Replacement Options

miner

The above Ducati ignition fitted to the 04-07 250 and other capacity bikes is obsolete… anyone replaced theirs fairly recently and have any recommendations on what to do / which parts? 

I have seen so far…

• Trials Bike Breakers UK have a full Hidira kit (inc flywheel) 
  • Hell Team (Oz) have CDI and Rectifier plus full kit options 
  • Full kit on a couple of other websites 

I am going to keep looking for other options… nothing on Ali Express… confirmed obsolete by John Shirt Motorcycles (Gas Gas UK). 

Replacement costs seem to be either an arm/leg for the rectifier and CDI, or an arm and a leg for the full kit… full kit really not in the budget for now. Would ideally just like to fire a coil in the bike but it looks like that’s not happening. 😣

A bit annoyed after getting the bike up and running again after two years in two boxes… it’s been plagued with hot starting issues since I got it though… found my old threads researching the issues. It died on me today again, had to push it 1.2km home today in +40’c heat. Three times in three rides. 

Been having a look through the electrical info threads too… not as straightforward as working on the KTMs unfortunately. All the testing is clearly laid out with the ranges and the wiring is a lot more straight forward. Tried measuring the resistance from the coil wire to the earth wire, open circuit. Going to have another check but fairly certain its that. 

Thanks for your help and hopefully money saving advice… 🤞🤪

Luckily indeed… I saw that old thread and contacted them. Their response was that they have a full Hidira kit option… not keen on the cost of full replacement to be honest. 🥴💸

If motorcycle salvage yards where you live are anything like here you get 2 completely different results if you phone contact a wrecker, or go there in person and have trusted access.  Telephone contacts for a specific part to a wreckers will often be ignored, it's the difference between you locating and identifying the part or the guys wife on the phone giving you the stock answer to locating some weird part request.  You also get 2 different prices and the deals are on the in-person purchases.  You only have to put yourself in the wreckers position for an instant to realize why it is this way.