Down and back pegs and a few other TLR noob questions - Reflex

johnnyjazz

Thank you so much for input B40rt!  before i get to spring weight ....im not sure if i need 390 or 400mm? seems both work, is one better? -  not that it would really make any difference to my terrible riding!...although the wife said i 'looked cool' so i im sure with new springs i might be allowed back in the house so its a very important decision..

currently has maxxis trial master tires which have the knobby bits almost falling off, prevous owner swapped the originals i believe for old ones off his beta or ktm or something... i think this is more of a trail tire too..  im just looking for a good all round DOT tire that will be good for pretending to do trials in the woods - think clubman class, C lines etc...nothing impressive...but handle 35mph on the road for 25% to get to spots...The previous suggestion of a Matis tire seems hard to locate here... would the IRC T1 be an ok cheap choice? i see the T11 is the better one but the T1  is DOT...

And, having puttered around the yard yesterday (trying to get the back brake to create even the illusion it works) i can confirm the reflex is indeed quieter than the mower.  Wish i could say the same about the missus! lol.. :)

Edited by johnnyjazz
  • Thanks 1

hello all, (jeepers you must be thinking!! this new guy?? wtf) so sorry.  BUt i do know time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted. 

Q/ it would appear my 11 tooth sprocket is catching the chain on the case despite my nitrile o ring shimming it out 3mm..i guess its compressing so im assuming the fastening plate with tabs ground off will work as a correct spacer behind with a new one to fasten? i see this is what is advertised with the 9 tooth but just wanna check with the pros!

should i not even bother with the 11 and just get the 9? Thanks SO much....you're the best :)

Edited by johnnyjazz

're 390 / 400 mm shocks, although only a marginal difference, shorter shocks will negatively affect the steering . My "personal" experience with moving footrest back 50mm resulted in a 40% increase in spring weight from 50 to 70 lbs. 

Thank you!

only real options i got here in my price range....

from their w/sites

Betors 400mm @ 40 or 50 lb /  NJB 385mm @45 or 60lb spring... from speed n sport.

or Ozo's at either 390 mm or 400mm from Lewis sport.  it doesn't allow me to select weight rather input rider stats... (i presume this is fully clothed and booted?).

(currently 155lbs, plus another 15-20? for accoutrements)

i'll stick with just widening the pegs for now and might get that lowering kit from fecked...

thanks again friend!

Edited by johnnyjazz
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for double up my picture there. I moved my pegs down and back, and was well worth the effort, even easyer with the bolt on kit. I also used Betor 400mm shocks with 50lb springs....brilliant, the OZO shocks look exactly the same with different brand sticker and guys in the club have them...also good.

• Like 1

Thanks Bashplate! appreciate the concise spring advice, will def get bolt on kit or fab some similar.  ....great pic too.  love it!  btw, noticed nzpeterb on pics...you in NZ?

i like the wheels too! do you have to build new aluminum ones yourself or can you buy them pre spoked and just 'swap em out' ...?

Edited by johnnyjazz

Anyone got any intel on the Motoz mountain hybrid?  says its a DOT trials tyre...good for lower PSI... at least its available and ready to ship and can run a tube... i'm presuming its in inches as i dont see a 4.00x18...what is the size i need please and very very thank you! 

super gummy version not DOT but regular is....

ALSO: so sorry if all this info is regurgitated for the umpteenth time...(i try to search the forum first)..  there are some epic reflex posts on line, but sometimes trawling through 39 pages of a thread from 10 years ago can get a little tiresome.

motoz.png

thanks lineaway, i got that it's not a trials tire.  however, is it the best of the worst(?) for a plated honda tractor thats nearly 40 years old?  im just looking for a DOT tyre for someone with the trials ability of a three toed sloth to play around with in the woods...  but not freak me out when corning on tarmac at 30mph...

just looking for something i can get currently in NY....  The Mitas tire 'feet up fun' suggested seems unobtainable here or out of stock for ever..even called the dealers listed on their website who said they dont sell them.  classic.   Did have MT43 on a TY250 which were good on the street in manhattan, but not so in industrial urban sections..  upstate now...mostly hilly woodland riding now..tons of roots, mud, rocks etc...   i only do this so i can be a safer, better road rider on my triumph :) i know a DOT trials tire is an oxymoron... i get it..  everything is a compromise....  would the IRC T1 be a better shoe?  its DOT...i know the T11 is the 'trials' tyre but i must needs keep the boys in blue happy to play safely and responsibly.  btw, i'm guessing you are 'lineaway' of epic OJ / brewtus posts on adv rider moons ago?- fun reading fun with outright junk.  thanks again for input :)   

irc.png

Edited by johnnyjazz