Gasgas Aire 1989

Tootsie

Hi I’m looking for the correct flywheel puller for my 250 & 327. I’ve been told it’s a M30x1.5 but this is far too big. Also I know there are at least two types of the Motoplat electrics. Mine has a module adjacent to the Cdi with 3pin and 2 pin connectors on it and I know there is another larger module with wiring coming out from it with floating connections. Which is the later?  Attached are the Flywheel and module photos. Both my bikes are 1989. What are the Timing settings for both bikes please. Thanks in advance.

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7027.jpeg

The nominal size for a flywheel puller will almost always be a whole number (e.g., 26, 27, 28, 30 mm, etc.).   

Like all fasteners, a flywheel puller is measured on the OD of the male thread.  A 30 mm puller will measure about 29.8 mm (slightly smaller to allow clearance).

Presumably, you are measuring the ID of the flywheel (female thread).  Adding the thread's pitch (e.g. 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 mm, etc.) to the ID you will get close to the OD.

Lacking a thread pitch gauge, you can compare bolts of various known thread pitches to your flywheel.  You will need good light and possibly magnification to make an exact match.