Scorpa SY250F low band power mods

exman

i'am just negotiating for an old Sy250F and i've already heard about spongy clutch and lack of power at low revs...any other bad things, or any solution for these two?

One of my friends that has always ridden Scorpa had one of those for a very short time, after a spill I seen him trying to start it and that was the last time I seen him riding that bike.  Twin cam engine maintenance reads as an issue even in the manual and carburetor is likely the root of the starting and performance issues which could be solved if it had Honda fuel injection technology.

Here's the catch as quoted from the SY250F owner manual: "As the time goes along, the play of the valves changes and it may alter the ratio of air to fuel of the inlet air-fuel mixture. The solution is so to make it adjust by your dealer, as often as written in ‘List of the regular maintenance and lubrications’. It is a really complicated operation, which requires a professional expertise."  

Twin cam with 5 valves all adjusted by bucket and shims on cams that do not ride on roller bearings is a bad design for trials bikes that might regularly encounter low oil pressure because of slow engine speed operation, low oil pressure is the reason the 4RT engine cam rides on roller bearings and uses roller rockers.

I've got an 06 sy250f, bought it in May and have about 20 hours on it. It's a decent first bike to learn plenty of basics on. Cleaned the vhst 26 and it idles, pulls and tractors along well. S36 slow jet and 110 main. Can't comment on spongy clutch or low power as a noob. It is easier to stall than newer bikes, mine has been easy to cold and hot start thus far. Cheapest way to jump right in on a 250 4T <$1800, but if you want less fiddling then get a montesa, i missed a few chances to get a 4rt at or under $2500.

I made a new wiring harness for the Scorpa that I might consider reproducing for others.

20240528_175156.jpg