Newbie with a GasGas 125 from 2024

Helloo,

I've just bough a Gasgas 125 (2024) off ebay and I cant get the thing to start. During purchase it wouldn't start either but im confident that, in a few months, with your help, it'll fire up!!

Here is what I know:

bike looks good, its got a carburettor and a spark plug. compression seems fine. There is fuel in the tank. It's been left for a while unused. Ill try to add some pics - 

Please could any one give me some simple tips. Somewhere to start in terms of getting this thing started.

So far I have mainly tried: full choke. half/full throttle, kicking the hell oot of it till I'm knackered. 

During purchase? So the seller couldnt start it either? I hope you bought it as a non runner. Id start by taking the plug out and make sure its sparking on kickover

Edited by faussy

Simple way is first make sure the magnet kill button is attached. Second remove gas line from petcock, turn valve to see if fuel flows. See above post on checking spark.Use choke, lever pulled up.

If it still does not start. Turn fuel valve on. Lay the bike on its side. Handle on the ground for five full seconds. The  carb should have leaked a little fuel on the ground. It should start in a couple of kicks. 

• Like 3

Just now, lineaway said:

Simple way is first make sure the magnet kill button is attached. Second remove gas line from petcock, turn valve to see if fuel flows. See above post on checking spark.Use choke, lever pulled up.

If it still does not start. Turn fuel valve on. Lay the bike on its side. Handlebar  on the ground for five full seconds. The  carb should have leaked a little fuel on the ground. It should start in a couple of kicks.