Handlebar grip sizing

I’ve just bought myself a bike after around 25 years out of the sport. While I’m getting the rest of the gear together, I’m just tweaking and setting up the bike. 
Does anyone have any suggestions on building up the clutch side grip to resemble that of the throttle side so they feel even? I dont have massive hands but find a standard size grip a bit on the small size. 
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 👍🏻

Edited by Aking80
Corrections

🤔 The grips should have the same outside diameter if they are bought in sets, it's only the throttle grip inside that is larger bore to accept the twist grip tube.  If you need to build up inside the grip, 2-sided tape works but that is to make the grip not slide on the bar.  Trials grips are typically smaller diameter outside compared to street grips and trials grips are available in soft or hard rubber compounds.  

Do you not wear riding gloves?  Gloves usually work good with trials grips, required equipment for most.

1 hour ago, lemur said:

🤔 The grips should have the same outside diameter if they are bought in sets, it's only the throttle grip inside that is larger bore to accept the twist grip tube.  If you need to build up inside the grip, 2-sided tape works but that is to make the grip not slide on the bar.  Trials grips are typically smaller diameter outside compared to street grips and trials grips are available in soft or hard rubber compounds.  

Do you not wear riding gloves?  Gloves usually work good with trials grips, required equipment for most.

Ah ok, that would make sense. The grips on the bike already are Hebo and for some reason the left side is smaller than the right. I’ll get a new set ordered and hopefully that will sort the issue. 
having not bought new grips before I didn’t know that to be the case, no wonder I couldn’t find reference to it online. 
thanks

Grips for anything that uses a thumb throttle are the same size on both sides (7/8" dia.) don't purchase bar grips intended for snowmobiles, sea-doo or quads in error.