Tr 280i factory overheats on road sections

sueossap

Do you have the dual map capability?  There were specific richer maps for road use.

Pure water has the best heat transfer properties.  The more antifreeze in the cooling water, the worse the heat transfer becomes.  Of course, no antifreeze means you lose boil-over and corrosion protection.

I have used a product called MoCool by Motul in roadracers where antifreeze is prohibited: https://www.motul.com/lv/en/products/mocool

Thanks it is dual mapped wild and mild , does that mean remapping the ECU ? 

had summer coolant in it , but that boiled and now replaced for water . 

just odd that you can throttle it to bits in 3rd and 4th all day on trials but boils over after 10 mins in 5th and 6th on road 

The radiator is in an atypical place on the OSSA. I suspect the fan can't push as much air through it as if it were hanging out in the breeze like a conventional trials bike.

I'd be curious what 2 maps are in your bike.  As far as I know there never was a hard/soft map combination.  Here is a list of the final .KDA maps produced: https://www.ossa-efi.com/home/pc-software/map-loading-software

K-Scan will tell you what map is in the ECU, but won't change it. 

Also, using K-Scan you can globally enrich the mixture (up to 15%).  The will help cooling, but also will tend to soften the performance (which might be a good thing for a Factory being ridden as an Explorer).

Globally enriching the mixture will also decrease range by a corresponding percentage.