Beta Evo 250 Factory (2021) stalls, and doesn’t start

rottarbence

Hi guys,

I was trying to find some info on the above topic, but it seems in general no new betas have this issue.

First it happened, when I stopped for a second to drink, in neutral, the bike idling, it bogged down, and couldn’t kick start the bike anymore (didn’t fiddle with the carb, the bike has max 30hours), so had to push the bike home..thought I ran out of petrol.

Checked the spark, it has a good one, spark plug gap spot on, the plug is black, not much wet.

filled up the tank, bike started second kick. Went out riding, the bike stopped, couldn’t start it. Closed fuel tap, throttle wide open kicked it over a few times, after a while started, bit when I gave it gas, it hesitated a bit before picking up revs.

set the idle a bit higher, seemed to solve the issue. Yesterday though  I looped out, took about 15-20 mins of playing with closing petcock, WOT kicking, then ended up taking the plug out again, kicking ot over like that, plug back, then the bike started.

I have the bike for about 2 months, in the first 1,5 months no issues whatsoever.

is the bike flooding for some reason, shallI check the needle valve/float height? ShallI put the needle lower (because of black spark plug)?

just strange from a fairly new and not much used bike..

Tank vent is not plugged or assembled wrong?  Good idea to focus on the float needle seat and emulsion tube based on the symptoms you described.  Don't over-look the tether kill switch as being a problem if it doesn't want to start after a crash or even just a shut-down.  Black plug is either rich mixture or dirty air cleaner or even too much oil on the air filter element.  Bikes not ridden much are in greater danger of encountering carburetor problems then the one that is ridden regularly, modern fuel has a shelf life similar to milk.

• Like 1

The bike is ridden regularly (2-3 times a week since I got it).

will have a look at the tank vent.

The tether kill switch is fairly new, will try the original push button (or short it, to have a back up)

but first i will open and have a look at (clean) the carb, and will see what happens.

thanks for the quick reply, guys!