Places to ride

I’m wanting to get into trials and I live in leeds and I was wondering if you can get in trouble for riding in public woods like council woods because I’ve seen some right spots but don’t know if you can get in trouble for riding it or not 

In short yes. The police wont view you any differently as the usual asbos on a mx'r or pitbike. The only thing in your favour is the trials bike being quieter it could take a while before someone reports you, but if the police turn up they could do anything from telling you to go away and dont come back, to impounding your bike. If this is a council forest near a town i doubt you could go long before a member of the public reports you, they arent that tolerant towards motorbikes, unless its electric, then you might stand a chance. Depends how much confrontation you want with the law

BUMPY Ltd - On and Off Road Motorcycle Training School & Charity, West Yorkshire, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Batley, Birstall, Kirklees areas.

should be close, its legal to ride there. Not from the area so cant say for sure but theres other places too, you live in yorkshire afterall.

Edited by faussy

'wanting to get into trials' step one locate and associate with the local riders building amateur competition events, volunteer to help set out sections when they are preparing their next event, take your bike because it may include some riding.  There are only 2 places you can typically ride gas powered trials bikes without issue: private lands and closed course competitions (which might be anywhere)