Jap zap technical question

albertoA

Hello.

I Just start to jap zap. I want explain what Is for me because I saw that someone call It in a different way: it's when I hit whit front wheel the obstacle, and just After I Quick release clutch ans gas and Jump with bike ans body. The rear wheel it's suppose to hit where the front wheel hit.

Now the question is: I saw some video and see two distinct technique in order to have the same final result: the rear wheel Jump from the ground.

The difference it's not in the mocement but clutch and trhottle.

The First it's like a double blip, and the steps seem to be 

1) put the Wheele relasing the clutch and off gas

2) hit the nbstacle and clutch in and gas on. 

Pop the clutch and bla bla bla..

The rpm goes up, down, and up and pop cluth. The sound it's like "whoa whoaaa"

Theee video that do in this way

1: 

2:

3: 

The second way don't seem to have a second blip of the clutch.. it's like they put a Wheele without put the clutch in when hitting the obstacle. It's more a Little slipping of the clutch for Wheelie and rpm never decrease. The sound it's like "whoooooaaa"

Some video 

And here at 2:05 

THe First method it's like a strong double blip , the second its like a splatter with the front wheel hitting.

So what's Better or more correct? 

I feel the second more difficult at the beginning but more efficient and good when hitting uphill obstacle, especially with enduro bike 

Where is the difference and why the second sound in this way? 

Thanks 

In my opinion they are both double blips, but the zap uses more aggressive use of the clutch and body movement on the second blip. Sometimes on a double blip i wouldnt even use the clutch on the second blip. When i do a double blip i have no real intention on the back wheel leaving the ground, it just rides up to and up the obstacle whereas the zap is solely about getting that back wheel to jump to the top of the obstacle. 

In general terms If the obstacle is flat on the top i almost always double blip. If it has a severe drop on the other side of it and i dont want to use the sump, ill zap. Thats just me though and certain distinct obstacles are better one way or the other. A fallen tree is the perfect example of why you would want to zap.

Theres also another variation of the double blip that you very rarely see, whens theres an agressive use of the clutch and throttle on the first blip, and when the front wheel touches the object very little use of throttle and clutch because all the momentum has been built in the first blip and its 90% lifting with the body. You only see pros doing that and its rare

Edited by faussy