Got a Clutch question

Assgas

My wife has a 2002 Gasgas 200 txt 

About 4 rides ago I put in new plates and fingers and bearing and it was like new again  . Today started out with a easy one finger  pull then in a couple hours it got

hard to pull  2 finger  .  No drag or slip  What could be the problem ?

Edited by Assgas

It's hydraulic is it not?  does it take DOT fluid or mineral oil and did you use the wrong thing or is the master cylinder just seizing from old DOT fluid corrosion?   If it was tight at the slave end it would more likely jam on so I would say check the clutch master cylinder plus make sure it's not just tight at the lever pivot.

17 hours ago, Assgas said:

Today started out with a easy one finger  pull then in a couple hours it got hard to pull  2 finger.

Maybe the finger just got tired?  Human evaluations are subjective.  I've used a fish-weighing scale to quantify how much force it takes to pull a lever.  

When she first  got this bike clutch pull was 4 finger I took it apart inspected it all looked okay just worn .

I put it back together pull in the lever  it was so easy I thought  I have to bleed the clutch  Nope put in gear  and it was good .

Now it getting hard 

Pack thickness effects the weight of the clutch. Maybe not four finger weight but ive certainly had gg clutches change from 1 to 2 finger weights solely due to pack thickness. Or more specifically, finger height

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

Next week i will inspect everything 

6 months ago I put in new plates fingers and bearing  and it worked like is should  

The Gasgas doesn't get ridden that much Wife has two Vertago's   Here in California she can't ride them in the summer stupid emissions thing