Putoline GP 10 Purchase in USA?

5 hours ago, TYupandover said:

Hello; my recent purchase is a 2024 Beta Evo 200; I’ve heard good things about; Putoline GP 10 / 75w gear oil; does anyone have information where it could be purchased in the USA? Thanks, John.

Cant help you with USA supplier, but can recommend  it for the evo gearbox  .Maybe SLATSHOP  can help.

It's just gear oil and the chances of it being anything more than a Netherlands company repackaging a product under their name brand is slim to nil.  IMO you are going out of your way to pay way more money for something you can buy cheaper and local.  The best transmission oil for your 2-stroke engine is the oil you can replace more frequently.  If it was truly special it will have a military spec number and that can be used to identify alternative lubricants with the same properties.

• Like 1

I agree with Lemur. 

But if you insist, I can highly recommend Splatshop.  They are second to none in terms of price, convenience, and support.  But shipping oils by air will likely cause a problem. The US Postal Service allows a small volume of oil to be sent by mail, but only when using the special precautions shown below.

Blackstone Sample Kit.JPG

• Like 1

Half a litre of the transmission oil I use on all my 2-stroke and 4RT transmissions costs about 4 bucks.  For about the last decade I have used Kubota branded All season hydraulic excavator oil ISO46 and buy it in a 19 litre pail, that's ~38 oil changes for about 150 (CDN$).  For decades before this I used similar products from other farm tractor brand (NewHolland or JohnDeere) and I ride it in sub-zero winter temperatures too with no clutch or transmission issues ever!

If you ever have a farm tractor apart you will see almost the same things inside it as a motorcycle.  Motorcycles are not considered to be any harder on wet clutch and gear and shifter lubricant or require anything special compared to farm and industrial construction equipment.  Except we don't log anywhere near the hours and those machines filter the oil.

Your half litre of transmission oil is not filtered and degrades only through the introduction of water, clutch pad material and metal bits in the worst case.  The best way to keep your oil good is to change it lots.  Consider how much oil changes will cost you buying it at 2.5 times the price plus expensive special shipping for 1 litre and how often will you want to be changing it.  Using a relatively cheap and local available lubricant will end up being way better.

Edited by lemur
except